What foods do you eat more of since starting here?

Options
13»

Replies

• back2twentyfive
    back2twentyfive Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    romaine, lettuce, cabbage
    tomatoes
    Greek yoghurt
    cottage cheese
    chicken
    tuna fish
    rye crisps
    light cheese wedges
    cocoa peanuts

Always ate lots of beef, lean pork, & eggs, but now eat a lot more veggies, so protein is in smaller portions for calorie control (2-3 oz. per meal instead of 6 oz.).
  • KKB91
    KKB91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Fruits
    Milk
    Yogurt
    Nuts

Have really learnt to appreciate the more healthy food options out there!
  • sparkly75
    sparkly75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I eat actual food now instead of plastic junk!
    I forgot how delicious non processed home made food is!
    I try to eat clean / organic but I can't do without laughing cow cheese wedges and wine! :o

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    EDIT; BANANAS lots of 'em too.

I love bananas. I actually eat less of them since I started tracking, though. I had fooled myself into thinking that I could eat 'em all the time 'cause they're healthy, but man oh man do they have a lot of carbs!
  • zchastain
    zchastain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I now pay more attention to all my macros (not just calories) so I eat more dietary fat. I get it in things like whole eggs (not just whites), 2% or whole milk (no more skim for me), and real ice cream!

These things taste much better than their "light" counterparts and can be easily worked into my day.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, cake, waffles, and dark chocolate

These are my treats at the end of the day, and my bribe for eating more veg and protein so there's rarely a day that I don't have (at least) one of the above.

I also eat a lot more of:

Cottage cheese, nut butters, berries, fish (cod, tuna, salmon, catfish, anchovies, sardines), spinach, cauliflower, squash, zucchini, and onions. I always ate a lot of chicken, so that hasn't changed much.

And a lot less bread. To make room for my treats, you know.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Chicken. So freaking much chicken.
    yogurt
    eggs
    zucchini
    almond milk
    cheese strings
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and gelato. This thread showed me everything I was missing out on before:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1357959/lets-discuss-it-all-welcome-home
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I eat more home cooking than before.