8 Weeks until New Year 2015 Challenge

Hey guys

So there are 8 weeks before the new year starts and I wan to start a challenge to keep motivated and focus in this holiday season. End of the year can be quite frustrating when losing weight as there is more temptation that usual. I live in Australia so at least the hot weather will keep me away from big lunches and dinners, however there always seems to be more yummy food around than usual and even more excuses to avoid exercising. So I want to do as much as possible to avoid gaining weight and to start the new year with a positive attitude.

My current weight is 108 kg (238 lbs) so my challenge is to lose 8 kg (17.6 lbs) in 8 weeks! I have been losing .75 to 1 kg per week so this challenge can be achievable ;) .

It will be fantastic to begin the year in double digits and leave those triple digits behind once and for all!

So, what is your challenge for this last 8 weeks of 2014?

Share your ideas an how to finish off this year with the best attitude possible and to have the best beginning of 2015!

Replies

• WantBestME
    WantBestME Posts: 128 Member
    I have my son's first birthday in Jan 2015, so i have to look my best- have to lose atleast 4-7kgs and inches around my hips!
  • I'm currently 193 and want to be in the 180's by New Years eve. Is it possible I think so!!! Le'ts do this folks!!
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Great goal! By 2015 I want to be 163, like MFP says I should be. But.... it's been saying that for over 5 weeks! Need to break out of a 5 week plateau
  • annsoultanian
    annsoultanian Posts: 10 Member
    Am I to late to join? Im now at 152 this morning - would like to be at 140 by Christmas!!!
  • xombiebomb
    xombiebomb Posts: 10 Member
    I want in too please. I am 225.5 this morning and my goal is to be below 200 by the end of the year.

I am kicking myself into high gear and will be moving twice as much as I have been.
  • tasisinc
    tasisinc Posts: 5 Member
    I'd love to join in :). The scales are broken so I'm challenging myself to lose a dress size.
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    After being in my walking boot for 4 months, my weight shot up to 227. Not the boot's fault that I stopped counting calories for that time period, of course. haha. Anyways, now I'm back on the good path now and I'm down 11 pounds in the past couple of weeks. My goal is to make it through Thanksgiving and Christmas and be below 210. Then hopefully I can have my final goal of 195 taken care of by the end of February.
  • cbagley13
    cbagley13 Posts: 1 Member
    I want in too!!! I need to lose 10 more pounds by Christmas. I only weight on Wednesdays.
  • wangshan
    wangshan Posts: 19 Member
    I'm in! I am 140 lbs and want to get down to 130 by 2015. I've been stuck at this weight for two months after losing 30 pounds since 2013. So I really need the motivation!
  • vivrevotrevie
    vivrevotrevie Posts: 80 Member
    cbagley13 wrote: »
    I want in too!!! I need to lose 10 more pounds by Christmas. I only weight on Wednesdays.

I have set the same goal! :)
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    I'm 74 kg right now, and my goal is to enter the 60s by the time new year's eve rolls around. :)
  • hareraising
    hareraising Posts: 25 Member
    Ok! im in! 8 weeks at 2 pounds a week will get me at 16 pounds down! im all in!!
  • MRS189
    MRS189 Posts: 14
    I would love to join in. I'm new to MFP and would like to start off my weight loss with a major bang! I would like to lose a realistic 16 pounds between now and the end of 2014.
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Thanks guys! I woke up this morning did my morning walk and long on to MFP to find wonderful people with achievable goals! we can do it ;)
    Good luck everyone and stay positive!
  • JFsNewLife
    JFsNewLife Posts: 52 Member
    I would love to join if it is not too late!!
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    I would love to join if it is not too late!!

Not late at all, what is your goal?
  • _journeyofavirgo
    _journeyofavirgo Posts: 16 Member
    Please add me! I'm 219lbs and I'd like to be 203lbs by January 1, 2015!!! I've tried so many diets. Tried MFP so many times. I just want to do it already!
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    So....to help with my goal, I am upping the walking/running by 10 minutes for both morning and night sessions (for a total of 60 minutes) for the month of November.....by December - will increase speed for both flat and incline! That will let me eat a bit more for those Holidays!
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Great idea! I am currently 203.4 and I would like to be 195 by January 1st. That is about 8 lbs and I am averaging around a pound a week.
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    :) Count me in!

On Nov 1, I was approx 289 and I want to get to 270 by New Year's Day.

~ True