The end all-be all trick that will make you lose weight:

Options
All for the price of free:
1. Eat unprocessed, "unmarketed" corporate food (IE eat clean food)
2. Drink lots of water (and rarely anything else)
3. Exercise (start slow!)
4. Track your food
5. Eat vegetables

There's nothing else to it. If you're not losing weight then something in the above list isn't being done correctly.

Good luck bros.

Replies

• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    What if your recommended calorie intake for weight loss is 1500 cals/day... but you eat 2000 cals worth of clean food and vegetables? :smile:

Just thought I'd throw that out there since I'm sure there are many who will point out that one of the most important things is ensuring calories out > calories in, regardless of what you're eating..

Aside from that.. solid advice IMO.
  • ChristinaK69
    ChristinaK69 Posts: 249
    Options
    I totally agree! I need to do better
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    I don't like bullet points when it comes to weight loss. They seem too clinical and make it look like you're just says 'here ya go folks this is the golden ticket to make you thin'. Oh and 'clean' food. Since when was food clean/dirty. Dislike that phrase so much!!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    This is why we don't have nice things.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I don't like bullet points when it comes to weight loss. They seem too clinical and make it look like you're just says 'here ya go folks this is the golden ticket to make you thin'. Oh and 'clean' food. Since when was food clean/dirty. Dislike that phrase so much!!

A "clean" diet is slang for natural foods. For instance if it wasn't available 150 years ago, you probably shouldn't be eating it. I think the term was borrowed from the bible to separate the clean foods from the "unclean" foods as people are used to hearing those terms when talking about how to care for one's body.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

But we have you, you are a nice thing ^^^ :heart: :smokin:
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

A "clean" diet is slang for natural foods. For instance if it wasn't available 150 years ago, you probably shouldn't be eating it. I think the term was borrowed from the bible to separate the clean foods from the "unclean" foods as people are used to hearing those terms when talking about how to care for one's body.

Oh I'm fully aware of it's meaning. I wasn't asking for clarification. I was just stating my opinion on the phrase.... :bigsmile:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    You missed one. That little issue of calories. Frankly you can eat what you like, if you consume less calories than you expend, you WILL lose weight. This is according to the First Law of Thermodynamics. Nothing wrong with eating healthily, drinking water, exercising, etc, but you ignore the most important one.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Exercise takes care of any excess.

Tracking calories to the single digits is pointless. Even to the hundreds for the most part is a waste. If we gain weight- exercise a bit more or eat a bit less. Add some weights in if you like eating a lot and pack on some muscle instead of fat.

It's way easier than we make it out to be.

- I realize there are medical conditions that complicate things. I have hypothyroid, I just choose to work harder to compensate for my body being ridiculous.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

Tracking calories to the single digits is pointless. Even to the hundreds for the most part is a waste. If we gain weight- exercise a bit more or eat a bit less. Add some weights in if you like eating a lot and pack on some muscle instead of fat.

- I realize there are medical conditions that complicate things. I have hypothyroid, I just choose to work harder to compensate for my body being ridiculous.

Depends on how much the excess is and how much you exercise.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I disagree. You can eat dirty and still lose weight if you keep under your calories requirements.

The term 'clean eating' kind of grates for me...sorry..:ohwell:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options

Nope! Exercise is a way to control the number of calories your body expends. Eating healthily a way to control the number of calories you eat. What you say is correct in itself but you seem to miss the fact that without knowing calories in versus calories out, you're working in the dark. I never seriously lost weight until I started logging, thanks to MFP, when it suddenly became very easy. And don't forget not everyone can do the amount of exercise required to offset eating too much. At my age and starting weight, exercise was walking, and not too much of that as it was killing my knee which has a cartilage issue (this has improved as the weight has come off) and making me breathless (again a thing of the past). It's a lot easier at your age, believe me!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    All for the price of free:
    1. Eat unprocessed, "unmarketed" corporate food (IE eat clean food)
    2. Drink lots of water (and rarely anything else)
    3. Exercise (start slow!)
    4. Track your food
    5. Eat vegetables

There's nothing else to it. If you're not losing weight then something in the above list isn't being done correctly.

Good luck bros.
    1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Optional
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

so if i eat 3000 cals of 'clean' food, home made mashed potato for example, with a nice biiiiiiiiiig steak, then go for a half hour walk, i wont put on weight, according to your 'advice'??
  • Elvisfan4life
    Elvisfan4life Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How do you find clean food???? Do you have to catch fish for instance ? As fillets you buy are processed too
  • Joehenny
    Options

But we have you, you are a nice thing ^^^ :heart: :smokin:

Not as nice as you :wink: :explode: :heart:
  • Joehenny
    Options
    I wasted a lot of time during my noob phase of lifting eating "clean" on a heavy bulk. Listening to people tell me eat as much as you want as long as it's clean you won't gain. You know what happened? I got fat as *kitten* and joined MFP while simultaneously educating myself on nutrition and eating as a whole.

Logic bomb: If you were to take two avg individuals and have one eat "clean" foods and not track macros and go slightly over because exercise took care of it, vs. one who ate dirty but hit their macros. The one eating pop-tarts would lose more weight.
  • Joehenny
    Options
    How do you find clean food???? Do you have to catch fish for instance ? As fillets you buy are processed too

Is it ok if they stock the fish? Or do you have to find wild fish that were born there and grew up there?

XD. It doesn't matter as long as you wash it in vinegar first.