The end all-be all trick that will make you lose weight:

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    Ever considered practising what you preach?
    From your diary, which of these is "unprocessed, unmarketed corporate food?"
    Bsn - Syntha-6 Strawberry Protein Powder, 2 Rounded Scoop
    Rite Aid - Multi-Vitamin Supplement Men's One Daily, 2 tablet
    As for "eat vegetables" I suggest you need more variety than:
    Safeway Deli Counter - Mojo Potato Wedges, 225 g
    All together now... *chanting* WE LOVE BERRY, WE LOVE BERRY (repeat ad infinitum)
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    I wonder, if I am losing weight better with eating 2000 cal just clean food, especially tons of veggies, or 1500 cal junk food. like 3 Fast food burgers (not many vitamins etc.). If the body does not get, what it really needs to function right, how can I lose weight?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    All together now... *chanting* WE LOVE BERRY, WE LOVE BERRY (repeat ad infinitum)

Yay I puffy heart berry
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member

Yay I puffy heart berry

Me too.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    1. Eat unprocessed, "unmarketed" corporate food (IE eat clean food)

All foods are processed. The milk you get has been processed to eliminate germs. The cheese you get is processed. THe apple you chew has been processed to protect from getting worms during transport. Whats marketed food got to do with food? You mean to tell me that I can't eat Dole bananas because they market it? I like bananas :(
    2. Drink lots of water (and rarely anything else)
    I like water. But whats this "lots" Be more specific. For some lots of water means 2 glass a day. And rarely anything else? Just... why?
    3. Exercise (start slow!)
    Its good tip.
    4. Track your food
    If only there was a site that helps you with it...
    5. Eat vegetables
    Veggies are good. But does this mean I cannot eat other goods? What if the said veggies are marketed?

[quoteThere's nothing else to it. If you're not losing weight then something in the above list isn't being done correctly.[/quote]

Something not done like you not eating less than you burn? I mean, I can (and have) eat 6,500 calories in a day of good food and I will gain weight but what if I eat the same food, just little of it. Lets say... 2,000 calories worth of it. If only there was a site that can recommend you how many calories to eat...
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member

All foods are processed. The milk you get has been processed to eliminate germs. The cheese you get is processed. THe apple you chew has been processed to protect from getting worms during transport. Whats marketed food got to do with food? You mean to tell me that I can't eat Dole bananas because they market it? I like bananas :(
    I like water. But whats this "lots" Be more specific. For some lots of water means 2 glass a day. And rarely anything else? Just... why?
    Its good tip.
    4. Track your food
    If only there was a site that helps you with it...
    5. Eat vegetables
    Veggies are good. But does this mean I cannot eat other goods? What if the said veggies are marketed?

[quoteThere's nothing else to it. If you're not losing weight then something in the above list isn't being done correctly.

Something not done like you not eating less than you burn? I mean, I can (and have) eat 6,500 calories in a day of good food and I will gain weight but what if I eat the same food, just little of it. Lets say... 2,000 calories worth of it. If only there was a site that can recommend you how many calories to eat...
    [/quote]

Hi Taunto.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636

Yay I puffy heart berry

Me too.

Awesomeness has been returned to this thread. Love it.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    :heart: :love: Berry! :drinker:

And just to throw in some Tuesday eruditiion, processed foods availble today are much safer than the majority of foodsds available in Victorian times (unless you were rich), where there was little or no regulation to prevent adulteration (lead added to bread to make it white, for example). We eat too much of it, there lies your main problem!
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member

Western Family - 12" Hand-Stretched Pizza - Ham & Pineapple
    Giant Sports - Delicious Protein Chocolate, 2 Scoop
    Gaspari Nutrition - Aminolast - Lemon Ice Recovery & Endurance Bcaa, 1 Scoop
    Optimum Nutrition - Glutamine Powder - Unflavored, 3 tsp (5g)
    Optimum Nutrition - Micronized Creatine, 5 g
    Bsn - N.O.-Xplode Blue Raspberry 1025g, 2 Scoop

:laugh:
  • barrattandrew
    barrattandrew Posts: 148
    I disagree. You can eat dirty and still lose weight if you keep under your calories requirements.

The term 'clean eating' kind of grates for me...sorry..:ohwell:

this
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't like bullet points when it comes to weight loss. They seem too clinical and make it look like you're just says 'here ya go folks this is the golden ticket to make you thin'. Oh and 'clean' food. Since when was food clean/dirty. Dislike that phrase so much!!

A "clean" diet is slang for natural foods. For instance if it wasn't available 150 years ago, you probably shouldn't be eating it. I think the term was borrowed from the bible to separate the clean foods from the "unclean" foods as people are used to hearing those terms when talking about how to care for one's body.

Another reason not to like the term! It's not as if the biblical clean/unclean list is based on science or a solid understanding of nutrition either.
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    The reason I have turned away from the terms clean and dirty food is because it puts food in categories of good and bad. The bad food then creates guilt when eating. This further perpetuates myths and ridiculous rules around how people should eat. There is no such thing as good or bad food. Food does not carry those characteristics. It is just food. It's not clean or dirty. It's food. Eat it all and enjoy it. Decouple yourselves from guilt and shame and just enjoy.

LOVE this!!!! Exactly!!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    All for the price of free:
    4. Track your food
    5. Eat vegetables

There's nothing else to it. If you're not losing weight then something in the above list isn't being done correctly.

Good luck bros.
    The twinky diet guy sure fooled you.
  • barrattandrew
    barrattandrew Posts: 148
    I don't like bullet points when it comes to weight loss. They seem too clinical and make it look like you're just says 'here ya go folks this is the golden ticket to make you thin'. Oh and 'clean' food. Since when was food clean/dirty. Dislike that phrase so much!!

A "clean" diet is slang for natural foods. For instance if it wasn't available 150 years ago, you probably shouldn't be eating it. I think the term was borrowed from the bible to separate the clean foods from the "unclean" foods as people are used to hearing those terms when talking about how to care for one's body.

Seriously "borrowed from the bible" - yeah it must be true then... Given that your favoured book was written in Hebrew I suspect the notion of clean or dirty didn't exist.

If it wasn't available 150 years ago... What? It was the 1800s that invented the era of food transportation and mass produce thanks in part to "processing" technologies such as canning and preservatives.

If you want to at least quote medieval cuisine and eating, please refer to the pre-1500's, yes in times before America. If you can stomach as much hunted / gathered food as you can hunt/gather. Even in the early 1500s the English were importing sugar from Morocco and the west indies... which had been "processed".

At least use google to get some semblance of accuracy to what you are saying, before spouting such utter rubbish. FYI - potatoes are dirty when you pull them out of the ground. We then "process" them with water in a well known act called - cleaning.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Plan backfire OP
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    ^^^^^ lolbroscience <
    best username ever. epic.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'll make it even simpler than the OP:

1.) Figure out how many total calories your body expends per day.
    2.) Eat a reasonable amount less than that.

Done.

Even simpler - if you are trying to lose weight and aren't losing at least half a pound a week, eat less.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    I agree with you, but I know most people won't.

For me, I HAVE to eat really clean foods and make a huge effort to eat better. Personally I would rather get 1500 calories from lean meats, veggies, and fruit. Other people have lost 100+ pounds eating Pop Tarts and candy. As long as you stay below calories then you'll be fine.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    I agree with you, but I know most people won't.

As long as you stay below calories then you'll be fine.
    Those two sentences are completely at odds with each other. :flowerforyou:
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Hah- nope. I have a different goal than other people here.

This thread was for the 90%- who are just trying to lose weight. I'm not trying to lose weight at this point so much. A few pounds this year would be fine.

Good try though.