Healthy Snacks Anyone?

Options
NetflixAndStuff
NetflixAndStuff Posts: 16
edited November 2014 in Food and Nutrition
I just found one of the best snacks for when you're hungry but have few calories left- raw green bell peppers! They're super healthy, and taste amazing. If you don't like plain bell peppers you can eat them with a little bit of no-fat salad dressing. I don't see why you would do that... I can eat raw bell pepper after pepper. :p

But unfortunately, I can only buy so many bell peppers... does anyone have any other healthy snacks for random cravings for food?

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    quaker butter popcorn flavor rice cakes, 35 cals a piece, and they are big.
  • DeliVibes
    DeliVibes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Carrots dipped in hummus, YUM!
    Sliced banana with peanut butter can satisfy some cravings also :)
  • kiwisunchips
    kiwisunchips Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    no fat greek yogurt with berries :smile: it's filling and low in calories (if you use proper portions of course)
  • NetflixAndStuff
    Options
    quaker butter popcorn flavor rice cakes, 35 cals a piece, and they are big.
    Thanks! That sounds delicious!

• NetflixAndStuff
    Options
    user20131 wrote: »
    I can't have humus... allergic. But I do love peanut butter and banana! Have you tried peanut butter and banana sandwiches?

• NetflixAndStuff
    Options
    no fat greek yogurt with berries :smile: it's filling and low in calories (if you use proper portions of course)
    I'll have to try that!

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oikos 2 percent with a few chopped walnuts, banana with T almond butter or pumpkin seed butter. Half avacado and can of tuna or low sodium deli meat. I usually have some hummus kiickin around in the fridge but I forgot to buy it this week
  • habeebz921
    habeebz921 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've recently started having roasted chickpeas as a movie snack. They're easier and quicker than popping kernels.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just ate an entire can of baby corn spears. Crunchy, tasty, 60 calories. I just really like baby corn.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches 150 calories.
  • jennyhoon
    jennyhoon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hummus dipped with cucumber stick and tomato slices
  • jennyhoon
    Options
    user20131 wrote: »
    I can't have humus... allergic. But I do love peanut butter and banana! Have you tried peanut butter and banana sandwiches?

You can try edamame (young green soybean) hummus. Taste great like chickpeas too :wink:
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I just found one of the best snacks for when you're hungry but have few calories left- raw green bell peppers! They're super healthy, and taste amazing. If you don't like plain bell peppers you can eat them with a little bit of no-fat salad dressing. I don't see why you would do that... I can eat raw bell pepper after pepper. :p

But unfortunately, I can only buy so many bell peppers... does anyone have any other healthy snacks for random cravings for food?

I'm not a fan of green bell peppers, but love raw red bell peppers! I also like to munch on raw asparagus, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, clementines, apples, berries.
  • jennyhoon
    Options
    Ah! Forget to mention. Boiled Edamame with a pinch of salt. Excellent snack <3
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast
    Beef jerky
    banananana
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Celery with peanut butter or apple with peanut butter... banana with peanut butter is pretty tasty.
    I like raw zucchini slices with a bit of salad dressing.
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Any raw vegetable- I like asparagus, radish, celery, cucumber or carrot- dipped in mustard, or sriracha, or balsamic

Kimchi. All of the kimchi. (30ish calories per 100gm)

Miso soup (I buy a packet one that is around 20 cal)

Boiled eggs. A little higher than raw vegetables for a snack, but I find them very satisfying.

Strawberries or blueberries + light Philadelphia mixed with a little stevia

Green apple slices with black pepper and cheese.
  • reba020
    reba020 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One I have found just his week is pomegranates. They take a little bit to prepare and eat and you get a lot for a little calories. Great snack for TV or late night snacking.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    tofutti mini ice cream sandwiches.
    Options
    Any low fat yogurt (usually muller light banana and custard!) with 30g of wholewheat oats mixed in. very sweet, very filling.