I wish I had never discovered...

Options

Replies

• Djrundle13
    Djrundle13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Pizza, Wings and BEER!!! the reason I am 300lbs!!!
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Nutty Bits at TJ's.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    How about a place? A friend of ours took us to the Lindt factory in New Hampshire. You can buy lindt truffles there for $5 a pound unwrapped.
  • dbmata
    Options
    kikityme wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Tim Horton's coffee cake muffin. It's all I can think about. And this is why cheat days are bad.

go.

Never heard of him.

That's cause you're not Canadian. Or a member of those states we are quietly and politely converting to real coffee. :) Next we need to work on beer.
    Keep your Labatt's mountie lover. We have STONE! ;)
  • dbmata
    Options
    Seriously? This thread is like going to prison and having the inmates instruct you on new ways to break the law. How about a thread "I'm glad I discovered..." with information to HELP us stay on our diet, not daydreaming about bad food choices. Good grief. (Yes, I know I can read what I want, but for crying out loud, it is a weight management site!)

Not all weight management involves losing weight. Just, have fun, or... walk away.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Tim Horton's coffee cake muffin. It's all I can think about. And this is why cheat days are bad.

go.

Never heard of him.

That's cause you're not Canadian. Or a member of those states we are quietly and politely converting to real coffee. :) Next we need to work on beer.
    Keep your Labatt's mountie lover. We have STONE! ;)

I've actually tried it, not bad, not bad at all. Labatt is tourist beer :)

http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2014/09/30/beer-news-stone-brewing-deems-alberta-worthy-a-dandy-debut-for-calgary-brewery-and-more/
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    cardio. I binged on it for 3 years and pretty much ruined my body.
  • Cannonchick
    Cannonchick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    no cheat days for me. maybe a cheat meal once in awhile.
  • landay
    landay Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nutella!!!!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Mostly for comic relief. And because I still do indulge in most of these foods, just in smaller planned quantities that fit in my caloric goals.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Lol. The person peeing in the punch bowl got flagged.

Here's another one... flour tortillas. In fact, eating one in a couple minutes here.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Yup...I got flagged. Someone must be a real hoot at parties.

FWIW, I didn't flag you. Flagging is passive aggressive and I'd rather be direct. You have to ask yourself: why spend time thinking of 'cheat' foods and encourage others to do the same? Isn't that why we're overweight in the first place? All action begins with thought. All poor food choices begin with a thought, followed by a craving. Why indulge those thoughts?

eh

probably cause a good majority of us arent wired that way?

I could talk about Mint Oreos, Rootbeer Float Chips Ahoys, Boston cream donuts and Brooklyn pizza til the cows come home, but it won't make me crave these things.

everyone's different. and for MOST of us, no that isnt how we got overweight in the first place :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

• yoovie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Seriously? This thread is like going to prison and having the inmates instruct you on new ways to break the law. How about a thread "I'm glad I discovered..." with information to HELP us stay on our diet, not daydreaming about bad food choices. Good grief. (Yes, I know I can read what I want, but for crying out loud, it is a weight management site!)

It actually isn't a weight management site. It's a fitness site. And if you don't have problems with your nutrition, these things won't set you back :heart:

If seeing topics about Food can set you off, there are entire sections of the forums here that don't talk about food - but you happen to be in the Food section :heart:

• jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    this thread! now i'm hungry!!!

Nutella...oh glorious nutella...i could eat you from a jar...poor you over anything and everything.

Butter chicken from this ONE restaurant...doesn't get much better then that...i could fill a swimming pool and swim in it....

yes i'm a fatty. :smile:
  • yoovie
    edited November 2014
    Options

Behave - I'm not peeing in anyone's punch bowl. It is a reasonable question. Many people here are food addicts. Let me simplify: would anyone show up at an AA meeting and decide an appropriate topic of discussion is everyone's favorite cocktail? Why don't you visit the Narcotics Anonymous site and ask everyone their most spectacular drug of choice? That will be some comic relief for you! :-D

MFP is NOT OverEaters Anonymous and you cannot demand that the entire population of this site, much less the rest of the world, tiptoe around your triggers. What you should be working on is gaining control of the things that set you off - so you can totally avoid this issue in the future. Isn't that why many overeaters are here? To practice gaining that control? We can't control your cravings, dear, that is for you to conquer :flowerforyou:

'Also - they do do that at AA - they learn to talk about alcohol without getting all triggerfied by it.

And at NA - they face their demons by talking about the drugs they once depended on.

I forgot one I totally have to add here....

Mozzarella sticks. the ones at TGIFridays. I always wanted one that was full, but they always ended up mostly empty cause the cheese leaked out - so I'd eat them all (5 of them, not 100) hoping for a full one :(

it was always a disappointment.
  • dbmata
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Strong sixth post. You're not being reasonable. If this thread doesn't work for you or your sensibilities, there's a proverbial door.

Or play nice. :) Not everyone has your problem.

ETA - seriously, and this is me being nice, please stop trolling the thread. This is one that hasn't gone to crap, and it doesn't need to. Thanks.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    alabella wrote: »
    Ben and Jerry's ice cream... it's so expensive and definitely not worth the money but I love it! There's so many flavours I haven't tried yet too...

How can you even say that?? It's so worth the money (and the calories). I just wish they exported more flavours to Europe :cry:
  • jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Lol. The person peeing in the punch bowl got flagged.

Behave - I'm not peeing in anyone's punch bowl. It is a reasonable question. Many people here are food addicts. Let me simplify: would anyone show up at an AA meeting and decide an appropriate topic of discussion is everyone's favorite cocktail? Why don't you visit the Narcotics Anonymous site and ask everyone their most spectacular drug of choice? That will be some comic relief for you! :-D

The things is...no one has FORCED you check this thread out, or asked you stay...people who have issues with food addiction should just avoid the thread. Everyone else in this thread is enjoying themselves...
  • yoovie
    Options
    jstrun wrote: »
    this thread! now i'm hungry!!!

Nutella...oh glorious nutella...i could eat you from a jar...poor you over anything and everything.

Butter chicken from this ONE restaurant...doesn't get much better then that...i could fill a swimming pool and swim in it....

yes i'm a fatty. :smile:

I had Chicken Marsala at Bonefish Grill in Louisiana.

I've had Chicken Marsala before without incident.

I've eaten at Bonefish in plenty of cities.

That one combination makes me understand wanting to fill a swimming pool with chicken!!!

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Nuts. I have been eating Macademia nuts, which I like, but they are so calorie dense