Getting discouraged. Lean bulk or cut? What should I do?

Options
1293031323335»

Replies

• WeAreSageMode
    WeAreSageMode Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    va_01 wrote: »
    Okay all,

If i'm being honest with myself, i would have to say that I am sick of hte ICF 5x5 workouts.

A.) I'm bored
    B.) It's a lot of volume... not sure if i can keep up with the progression

What should I do now? Should I move on to another program? I really want to focus on hypertrophy now. I dont think I juiced out all my max strength gains on ICF, but strength isn't really my goal, and honestly, I have been dreading going to the gym because I am just so. bored. with my workouts.

Do any of you have suggestions for me? here are my current main lifts:

BB bench: 175 5x5
    Squat: 180 5x5
    OHP: 105 5x5
    Bent Over Rows: 160 5x5

What do you think?

Hi guys, new to this community. I started off doing Starting strength as my first program. I was around 120-130 lbs. Started off with the bar for every exercise. Asked for form checks whenever I had the chance. Watch youtube videos on proper technique on my spare time. Recorded everything I did. Ate well. Slept well. In 5-6 months I was at 150 lbs. Close to 190 for bench. Close to 315 for squat. 315+ for deadlift.

Yes every time I went to the gym I was in pain. But it made me stronger. That was 8 years ago.

You are not looking to get stronger. You are looking for someone to agree with you. Stop wasting your time. Go pick a routine and go do it. Come back in a few months and see if you hit your goals. If you havent then go back and reread this whole thread. Im sure you will find your answer then.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    va_01 wrote: »
    I know this threat is being beaten to death. And I know multiple recommendations have been made thoruhgout this thread. I am currently tired of doing ICF 5x5. I don't feel like I'm making progress. Maybe I need to eat more, but the main thing is that I'm BORED and i HATE spending 1.5 hours in the gym, and I feel a lack of growth in the muscles that I really need to see grow (specifically shoulders and arms).

Can anyone (for once and for all) point me to good routines that will help me with the following, that I can follow to a T (assuming i eat the right amount of calories).

Build muscle
    Take about an hour to complete

Routines like SS and SL don't very appeal to me, because of their lack of volume. But maybe lack of volume is what i need? I don't want to go to super heavy powerlifiting routines either, because, maybe naively, my main goal is to grow. I KNOW that STRENGTH = SIZE but I do not want to train specifcally for STRENGTH alone.

Hopefully I can take the final feedback and apply for the next few months.

I've recently started doing Steve Shaw's Massive Gains program that you can find on Tiger Fitness. It's a 60 min, 3 times per week, full body routine. It will kick your *kitten* if you do it properly and you might want to look into it. However, be aware that if you don't have the ability to go hard out for a full hour you won't be able to do it that quickly.