What do you do with your anger?

Options
2»

Replies

• SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Mean people suck. I have a tendency to tell them that to their faces. I really don't care if they don't like it. I don't care if they are damaged people, I am not the one that they need to take that out on. So, it's like whatever. And if a mean person wants to hang out with me I am like no thanks.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    I like mitt work. You're moving around a lot,and it really wears you out. It requires more concentration and targeting than bag work. However, if you don't have someone willing to hold the mitts, you can do bag work. Also, I try to separate the situation in my head when I go jogging. Pick it apart and you will find your "I just don't want to..." or "I will do this". Even if it's not something your husband agrees with, it's the choice that makes you happy. If you don't get along with someone, you just don't. Then again, if she REALLY wants you to hang out with her, maybe she can hold the mitts for you! ;) Seriously, you could jog together and maybe discuss your issues. That made a best friend out of a co-worker that I used to disdain.
    Love mitt work. Lol, usually I'm the one holding, but it does take concentration on my part to ensure that I'm holding up the correct hand and also with resistance. I get a workout too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Note: posting this in exercise and fitness because that is how I'm trying to address this.

I'm a person who typically gets by in life by being able to express my feelings. If I'm upset with you, I will tell you and we can work it out. On the flip side of that, I'm also a great cheerleader, shoulder to cry on, and place to vent.

I have a few situations going on in my life right now where I can't express what I really feel. Most are family relationships where I've tried to address the problem but it is falling on deaf ears. The other and hardest to deal with on a daily basis is with the wife of my husband's best friend. She is generally rude and I try to limit contact with her (and let my husband see them separately) but she is "hurt" and "shocked" that I wouldn't want to hang out with her all the time. My husband's friend is in full support of his wife and I don't want to hurt my husband's relationship with his friend.

So - in an atypical situation for me - I'm holding in feelings that I typically like to express and deal with. My question is - What do I do with them?

I run 4-5 days a week. While it helps me clear my head during the run - the same feelings come back after. I've thought about some sort of contact sport - but I'd only like to inflict pain on the people actually bothering me!

What has helped you get out anger you can't express?

running is definitely a good coping mechanism for me especially when there is NO one and my music is up really loud OR any form of boxing/kick boxing works wonders ;)