Jillian Michaels detox water!

Options
13»

Replies

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    If you are drinking lots of water every day, you are probably not holding much excess. Why drink this instead of plain water? Water weight will go up and down...you may lose an extra pound or two with the diuretic effect, but it will come back on if a few days...so why?

I doesn't matter how much friggin water I drink, I retain an extra 2-5 lbs before my TOM. After, I lose it. So, yeah, it's annoying...maybe you don't. *shrug*
  • fatcity66
    Options
    One of the best things for detoxing my bloat is drinking a crap ton of beer on a Friday night and playing Playstation.

Seriously though, I doubt you will see much benefit from Jillian's detox water... Just seems like a really time-consuming and gross thing to worry with for little to no reward.

Funny....but it works! All those carbs don't help my weight though....
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That could be why you are here 2 years later. Some of us take our health seriously.

Completely uncalled for and just nasty. Who the fu** are you?
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    A piss poor diet if I do say so myself. :wink:
    i-see-what-you-did-there-png.46040
  • fatcity66
    Options
    Nevermind...I just realized her name actually IS Slut....LOL
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Nevermind...I just realized her name actually IS Slut....LOL

LMAO, I thought exactly the same thing!!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    One of the best things for detoxing my bloat is drinking a crap ton of beer on a Friday night and playing Playstation.

Seriously though, I doubt you will see much benefit from Jillian's detox water... Just seems like a really time-consuming and gross thing to worry with for little to no reward.

That could be why you are here 2 years later. Some of us take our health seriously.

Hmmm....you seem like a sweet girl.

Actually, I've since had a baby and gained 30 lbs back while I was pregnant. Not the best scenario, but yeah, my pregnancy hunger and lack of self control was no joke.

Also, some of us take our sense of humor seriously. Perhaps you should lighten up a tad (and I don't just mean weight). You'll find life is a lot easier when you're not being so mean to other people all the time.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

Actually, I've since had a baby and gained 30 lbs back while I was pregnant. Not the best scenario, but yeah, my pregnancy hunger and lack of self control was no joke.

Also, some of us take our sense of humor seriously. Perhaps you should lighten up a tad (and I don't just mean weight). You'll find life is a lot easier when you're not being so mean to other people all the time.

pfft. No need to justify yourself to some stupid comment. It's none of anyone's business why you are here or how long you have been here. I applaud your mature response to an immature, catty, comment though :flowerforyou:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    back.png
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    back.png

Mind yo business!

lol :heart: :heart:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

pfft. No need to justify yourself to some stupid comment. It's none of anyone's business why you are here or how long you have been here. I applaud your mature response to an immature, catty, comment though :flowerforyou:

Aww, thanks! :flowerforyou:

I actually feel sorry for anyone who thinks that a tasty porter can't be a serious part of a healthy diet. :drinker:
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

lucille-portable.gif
  • SunBunzz
    SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow, I missed all the commotion. xD But I'm gonna ask just a couple of legit questions about this topic one more time. Cuz I'm trying this drink for a week, just out of curiosity. (Please don't be mean, c'mon guys. Just asking to anyone who cares to answer--& not be smart-alecky about it. I respect everyone's opinion. But I'm only asking for answers from people who have either tried it, or at least know how to do it)

I don't have distilled water, it's drinking water (I believe it contains some minerals) It shouldn't matter, yeah? Water's water. I drink water from Sparlette's (delivered water)

My main question is about the tea. I can't find a dandelion root tea bag, unfortunately, but I have green tea. I saw a girl on YouTube use diet cranberry juice (sugar-free it says, 5 calories for 8 ounces, it does contain fruit juice) But since it's only 1 tablespoon...& she used green tea, (2 bags though) & lime juice.

I only used one green tea bag, left it in the pitcher for a few minutes, & mixed it all up & took the bag out.
    I THINK the girl left the tea bags IN the pitcher though. Does it matter? Does anyone leave the teabags in the pitcher or jug? I could use a LITTLE caffeine throughout the day so I don't crave soda or coffee. I drink a cup of green tea occasionally anyway.

But anywho, any good input would be very appreciated. Thanks so much. I drank most of my 60 ounces already, (I was hella thirsty from working out) I also wore my waist trimmer during it-- (just to induce sweat a little more) & I peed away about 3.4 pounds. lol Dunno if this drink helped with that, but I'm willing to experiment. I'm bad with sodium sometimes, & I wouldn't mind flushing it away occasionally. Plus my period really packs on water weight.

BTW, I actually really like the taste. It's kind of tart & refreshing like the lemon water I drink all the time.
  • SunBunzz
    SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm gonna do it. :::BUMP:::

This thread disappeared, & I could use some help. >_<
  • NickiAlyssa
    Options
    Are there still people talking about this cleanse? I just started the Paleo diet and my friend told me about this cleanse... I don't know if it's going to work, but I am trying it. I hope it's not TMI, but is anyone else experiencing this tea to be literally CLEANING you out???
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    Achrya wrote: »
    Any body tried it?
    60oz distilled water
    1tb spoon of sugar free cranberry juice
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2tb spoon lemon juice
    Drink 60 ounces everyday for seven days.

I started it yesterday. It's meant to flush out excess water weight. Don't think it's doing anything for me so far. I would generally drink 2 litres of water everyday anyways

What is the purpose of flushing excess water weight? Dont want you want to lose fat?

To make dumb people feel like they're accomplishing something.
    Oh, so you drink it then? :bigsmile:

Listen, different strokes for different folks, and nobody is dumb.

Well that's just not true. The world is full of dumb people.

"Everybody knows, that the world is full of stupid people... " - The Refreshments

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    MsPudding wrote: »
    I got as far as the word 'detox' and then went into automatic brain shut-down.

Dandelion is a diuretic.
    Cranberry is a diuretic.
    Lemon is a diuretic.

So basically what you have there is a whole load of stuff designed to make you pee added to water. Result = you pee.

.....so pee is toxic ? >:)
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Are there still people talking about this cleanse? I just started the Paleo diet and my friend told me about this cleanse... I don't know if it's going to work, but I am trying it. I hope it's not TMI, but is anyone else experiencing this tea to be literally CLEANING you out???

People aren't still talking about this "cleanse". It is an old thread and you bumped it.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Congrats @NickiAlyssa on resurrecting a many-times beaten to dead thread.