Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

NBA anyone? Who's your team?

Options

Replies

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Yikes, the Rockets came to play tonight. Let's go Warriors!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Man, that was a crazy last minute. Now if only Draymond didn't let the ball go out of bounds!!!!! I wanted to at least see a last shot!!!
    Had a feeling that they might lose in Houston, but if they play that bad without Curry and still keep it close, then I'm not that worried.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    Hope Curry's injury isn't serious. Golden State is a very deep team but not sure they can win it all without him. Even if he is ready to go the next game, I would keep him on the bench. GS could flip the playing time between their starters and bench and still beat the Rockets.

• Peter_Brady
    Options
    Warriors just made NBA Playoff history for made 3 pointers with Curry missing the entire 2nd half. And Curry only had 1 before exiting the game. Insane
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    What's with Harden laying on the floor? What if someone lands on him or he injures someone else? STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!!!! That's why the Warriors are the best team in the NBA!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    @ninerbuff

All I could think about that entire 2nd half is what a joke Harden is. The long pass/layup after a rebound was a prime example of how lazy he is. I enjoyed his breakout season but he just doesn't put in the effort on a regular basis.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    @ninerbuff

All I could think about that entire 2nd half is what a joke Harden is. The long pass/layup after a rebound was a prime example of how lazy he is. I enjoyed his breakout season but he just doesn't put in the effort on a regular basis.
    Howard is just as bad or worse. Unless it's a dunk contest, Howard doesn't rebound well, nor defend the paint unless they go right at him.
    And that interception by Draymond off that Harden pass SHOULD be how playoff contenders should play.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png[/quote]

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Hoping my boys close out the series tonight against the Mavs.
    Thunder Up!
  • melmelw03
    Options
    ruh roh @ninerbuff
    No bueno about Steph...
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    ruh roh @ninerbuff
    No bueno about Steph...
    So if you didn't know it, I did the same fall at my aunt's house at the beginning of the year and am still rehabbing my MCL. I can only do body weight squats and like 90-100lbs on the leg press (not pushing it) to full 90 degrees, but it's a slow process.
    But my sprain was 3rd degree and it almost detached from the femur. Steph's is a first degree, he's half my age, an elite athlete, and with some of the best at rehab and PT. I figure he'll be out at most 3 weeks.
    Even so, I don't see an issue with the Rockets tomorrow, and now with the Clippers with no Paul (broken hand) or the Trailblazers inept defense, I believe the DUBS will get past and into the conference finals.
    Good luck with the Spurs. I'd like to see an OKC/Warriors Title series.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Total spanking of the gutless Rockets. With the exception of Harden, the Rockets play like schlubs. What a dumb prediction by Jason Terry guaranteeing a win in game 5. And he obviously was a detriment going 0-8 while on the floor.
    It sucks that players get injured, but when it happens, the true mark of a champion is the TEAM making adjustments and stepping up their game. With Paul and Griffin injured, you may not get that from the Clippers, but because I'm looking for an advantage to have the Warriors rest and Curry to return 100%, I want them to beat Portland because I know that they can't beat the Warriors even without Curry.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    I followed the Warriors game online last night and decided to go to bed at half time. That game was not worth me staying up until 1am for. If Curry was healthy I wouldn't care who was next, but I am with you on this one @ninerbuff
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I followed the Warriors game online last night and decided to go to bed at half time. That game was not worth me staying up until 1am for. If Curry was healthy I wouldn't care who was next, but I am with you on this one @ninerbuff
    I believe they can beat both teams handily, but I want it over in a 4 game series and Portland could stretch that out more than LA could. Warriors are starting to peak though, so excited for the next round.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Total thrashing of the Trailblazers and Klay and Draymond along with Livingston have been lighting it up as of late. Team is playing great defense and minimizing turnovers! No mind with Curry on the bench if they keep playing like this.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hoping my boys close out the series tonight against the Mavs.
    Thunder Up!
    OKC pulls it out tonight! There was a foul on the last play, but the Spurs got the ball and couldn't score, so I think OKC deserved the victory!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ginobli crossed the line before Ibaka pushed him. Good no call....

Especially for a thunder fan :)
  • ninerbuff
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Damn. I was a bit concerned by the lead at the beginning of the 4th by Portland, BUT NEVER count out the champs!!!!!!!! A 34-12 run in the 4th to doom the Trailblazers to another loss at Roaracle Arena! Klay, Dray and Izeali were the killers in this quarter and the defense forced Lillard and McCollum into bad shots to seal the win!
    So will Curry be back on Saturday? Hmmmm, with a 2 game lead, I say they rest him another game.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • melmelw03
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

A win is a win, right?
    Thunder Up friend!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

A win is a win, right?
    Thunder Up friend!
    Also, the Spurs got the ball back and blew scoring the final points.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Damn. The Trailblazers were ON tonight. The DUBS could do nothing to counter their 3 point shots and played some bad defense along with turning the ball over a lot. Oh well. Let's see what happens Monday.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png