Struggling.

Hi guys, I know I posted here last night. I asked about how many calories I should be eating and I was told 1615, thank you. I'm finding it hard to reach this amount while staying within my macro's, and eating healthy. I want to go back to 1200. I want to try and get a flat stomach. It's all so hard. Help.

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Surely, you didn't expect to see results overnight? Is your ticker correct and you only have 1 lb. left to lose?
  • Dreester
    Dreester Posts: 4 Member
    anything that is worth doing doesn't come easy- hang in there! get your mindset healthy as well- it IS hard at times. Try not to think about it as much. will be checking to see how you are fairing
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    If you've lost all your weight, why would you need to restrict your calories anymore? Try nut butters and proteins.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    You only have 1 lb to go. I am not understanding the issue here.

Add more calorie dense foods.
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Why do you need permission from a message board to change your calories?
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    I have had trouble losing weight from eating too few calories. If whoever told you to eat 1615 figured it out correctly I don't think eating 1200 would be recommended.

It is my understanding that macro's are based on %'s not amounts. So you should not have trouble "staying in your macros" by increasing your calories. You just need to eat MORE of your balanced and healthy carbs/fats/proteins. There are lots of high calorie, healthy, nutrient dense foods out there! They tend to the yummier ones in my opinion ;)

Best of luck!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    No, I don't have only 1b to go, sorry. That was my goal, but then I changed it recently, but I've got to change it on here too. And I've been having a real hard time of losing weight.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    I want to lose 14lb more.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    No, I don't have only 1b to go, sorry. That was my goal, but then I changed it recently, but I've got to change it on here too. And I've been having a real hard time of losing weight.

It seems counter-intuitive but sometimes you have to eat more to lose weight. Starving yourself does not always work (nor is it ever healthy). Figure out your calories correctly, eat that amount for a month and see what happens. You should start to see a change. If not, contact a nutritionist and/or doctor to see if there are other issues.

Weight loss is hard, but it is possible, and it is worth it.

Best of luck!
  • Branstin
    Here are some great advice.

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:

More than 75 lbs. 2 lbs./week
    40-75 lbs. 1.5 lbs./week
    10-40 lbs. 1 lb./week
    Less than 10 lbs. 0.5 lb./week

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • gabrielleelliott90
    See, for me to lose a lb per week that is 1240 calories for me. It's really confusing.
  • Branstin
    Reduce it down to 0.5 lb. per week. The numbers are not carved in stone. They are only estimates which should be adjusted if necessary.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    I tried that, it really does not work for my body. I've not lost weight for a month,
  • Branstin
    Are you using a food scale and measuring cups? If you are not losing, you are eating too much barring any medical issues. In order to lose 0.5 lb. a week, you have to reduce your calories an average of 250 per day which is very easy to blow if you are not using a food scale and measuring cups.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    So what exercise are you doing?
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Yes, I am measuring all my food. I've been on here nearly a year. I do walking, zumba, H.i.i.t.
  • Branstin
    Are you eating back any of those exercise calories?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Hi guys, I know I posted here last night. I asked about how many calories I should be eating and I was told 1615, thank you. I'm finding it hard to reach this amount while staying within my macro's, and eating healthy. I want to go back to 1200. I want to try and get a flat stomach. It's all so hard. Help.

You tried for less than 24 hours?
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Here is a calculator:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/#results

If you put in your stats and follow the recommended caloric intake for weight loss ( either .5 or 1 pound a week ) and eat it continuously, you should start seeing results. Consistency is key.

Weight loss can take a while for some, especially when you're so close to your goal. 14 pounds is a fairly small amount to lose. Keep at it and good luck!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Yes, I eat back all the exercise calories. And yeah, I tried for less than 24 hours. So what. It is the day before shopping day, we have hardly anything healthy in the house, and when we do, it is the same old stuff. All this judgement and question asking, is not helping. If I eat 1700 that's enough for me to maintain. 1615 is probably enough to maintain. I tried all day to eat healthy and I was getting nowhere, I still had heaps of fat to eat, protein, I thought I'd give up. Of which I have. And I've gone back to my unhealthy ways now. No calorie amount is making me lose weight. I'm always gaining water weight. It's making me want to not even bother anymore. How hard is it to lose 14 effing pounds?! It's driving me nuts.