Need Boob Success Stories For My Mental Health

Options
Hi everyone,

I am new here, and decided to start my weight loss journey. I'm excited, but I'm also really scared of what I will look AFTER losing 60-70 pounds. I am 31, 5'9 ish, female. Single, no kids. I am worried about possible lose skin and more importantly, my boob shape.

I know I know, don't worry about it yet because I'm not there and the better health is worth it. I absolutely agree, but I'm having a lot of anxiety about the boob thing. I do not care at ALL if they get smaller, but I don't want them to be severely misshapen or flat when i'm done. I know a lift/implants are always an option, but I really really don't want to go there.

Do any of you have any success stories of losing around this kind of weight and being kinda happy with the shape of your boobs after time? Did they get better over time (I read another post in the maintaining weight section where about half said they did get better half said they didn't). I know everyone is different and it will depend on a lot of factors, but what I'm looking for are positive responses/experiences if there are any of you out there, so I can read these and feel hopeful as I set out on my journey.

Thanks I really appreciate your replies!

Replies

• ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So you only want the half with good experiences to respond? Cuz then you can trick yourself into thinking it'll be a guaranteed "win" for your boobs? Sorry...it just doesn't work like that. Either you really want to lose the weight (regardless of what might happen to boobs), or you're going to use the "but, my boobs!!" excuse as a reason not to lose weight. It's all up to you.

P.S. It really, truly matters NOT AT ALL what others have experienced in the boob department. It will not effect how YOUR boobs respond. Good luck.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Scoop the dangle-y parts into a bra, and voilà.

There's more to life that what you're boobs are going to look like, if they aren't the first things to go along with fat loss. That said, if you're so concerned with it then just get surgery later on to make them look the way you want.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds. No one complains about my boobs.
  • tmw098
    tmw098 Posts: 24
    Options
    No, I don't necessarily only want the good ones to reply, but I'm hoping if they're out there then reading them might give me some HOPE. I understand what happens to another might not happen to me as I said, but looking for some positives. That's all.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I've lost 64 pounds and my boobs are still giant and up to my chin. lol I think it just depends on your fat/tissue ratio in your boobs.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My boobs have not suffered when I've. Lost 25, 30, and 51 lbs in the past. They've remained epic each time and are referred to by some as a national treasure.
  • hmckelsonsh131
    Options
    Heh, I'm with you. I'm a 30H which could prove to be a problem as I try and get in shape... God only knows what happens to boobs from this sort of thing. I've love to hear some experiences with this. :-)
  • tmw098
    Options
    I've lost 64 pounds and my boobs are still giant and up to my chin. lol I think it just depends on your fat/tissue ratio in your boobs.

Wow, amazing job!!!! And luck you :smile: Congrats on your weight loss!!

• tmw098
    Options
    My boobs have not suffered when I've. Lost 25, 30, and 51 lbs in the past. They've remained epic each time and are referred to by some as a national treasure.

hahaha Love it "national treasure". Thanks so much :smile:
  • tmw098
    Options
    Heh, I'm with you. I'm a 30H which could prove to be a problem as I try and get in shape... God only knows what happens to boobs from this sort of thing. I've love to hear some experiences with this. :-)

You're so young and don't have too much to lose. I am optimistic for you :smile: Thanks for the post!

• AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Lost 25 lbs. boobs = the same.
  • stinkytofu5
    stinkytofu5 Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have G(6D) cup boobs, and it hasn't gotten smaller after losing around 15lbs (~10% of my weight). With the exercise I am doing, they look slightly perkier even. I can never go braless in any kind of top/dress, so I get well fitting bras regardless of my weight.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 45 lbs but my boobs are fine. Honestly I think they're better than they were because now they're proportionately bigger (I went from a 36C to a 32D).

But you said yourself that it's going to depend on a lot of factors. Genetics is a big one.

Also Big_Bob_Lob is right, God help him. The right bra does make a huge difference, so once you get to your goal get a professional fitting and invest some nice bras. Also keep in mind that even if you think you're unhappy at first you should give it some time. It took me about 6 months to really see myself as I was after I reached my goal weight.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    tmw098 wrote: »

Wow, amazing job!!!! And luck you :smile: Congrats on your weight loss!!

Thanks! :) And I agree with the other ladies, about them looking even better after weight loss. My boobs somehow look better than before. I really wouldn't worry about it too much :)
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say, lose the weight now while you are still young and your skin is still elastic and your boobs should be fine. Also--I think that slow and steady weight loss is the way to go to help maintain skin elasticity.

I'm not even the lightest I've been in my life, but I'm past 40, have breastfed a baby, and with my recent weight loss my boobs are now the smallest they've ever been (BTW--they're a 32 E/F--not really 'small')--I definitely chalk this up to my age.

Even if they're not perfect, my husband still likes them, and well-fitted bras go a long way at keeping them looking awesome under clothing.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    OP has anxiety about something that hasn't happened, and is using it as a reason to not achieve goals?

Das ist sehr interessant.
  • tmw098
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    OP has anxiety about something that hasn't happened, and is using it as a reason to not achieve goals?

Das ist sehr interessant.

No.
  • tmw098
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    I would definitely say, lose the weight now while you are still young and your skin is still elastic and your boobs should be fine. Also--I think that slow and steady weight loss is the way to go to help maintain skin elasticity.

I'm not even the lightest I've been in my life, but I'm past 40, have breastfed a baby, and with my recent weight loss my boobs are now the smallest they've ever been (BTW--they're a 32 E/F--not really 'small')--I definitely chalk this up to my age.

Even if they're not perfect, my husband still likes them, and well-fitted bras go a long way at keeping them looking awesome under clothing.

Thanks so much for the encouragement!