Need Boob Success Stories For My Mental Health

Options

Replies

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Went from 235/240 to 165 (I've still got 15-20lbs to go); my boobs are two cup sizes smaller, and maybe slightly perkier.

It all depends on if your boobs are mostly fat or breast tissue (which is slightly different and denser). The shape of your boobs is kind of just the shape of your boobs. Most women will lose a couple inches off their bust, but it really depends on where you carry your body fat. You'd likely have to lose far more weight to see drooping etc, but again, I don't know if you're rocking DD/DDDs the way I was (I'm a C/D now) or an H cup.

It's like any area of your body though; skin elasticity is a big factor in how your skin stretches, as is how hydrated you are (to an extent) and the speed at which you lose the weight. Drop 70lbs in 6 months; you might see some saggy skin which may eventually catch up. Drop it in 1-1.5 years, probably not.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    my T&A were the first to go. with time, and the right weight workouts, they're now smaller, but they defy gravity.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    After kids, mine are floppy and deflated. However, I went from a 38A to a 32C, and they are better proportioned to the rest of my body now. Lifting weight has helped restore a small amount of their former glory.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    tmw098 wrote: »
    I know I know, don't worry about it yet because I'm not there and the better health is worth it. I absolutely agree, but I'm having a lot of anxiety about the boob thing.
    Yes.

If it's really a concern, and not just an excuse, start saving some money now for a boob job. Then, if that happens, you have the money to resolve the issue. If it doesn't happen, you have the funds for a trip. :)
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Mine are quite depressing now to me. Went from 38c to 36a. But hubby still likes them. He says boobs are boobs, and they're all good.

ETA:I've also breastfed two kids
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    MB_Positif wrote: »
    I lost 50 pounds. No one complains about my boobs.
    Nope no complaints from me. ;-)
    And no one complains about mine after my loss. I love the way they look...and they keep looking better every time I see them.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51 pounds and they look so much better/more proportionate now. I was maybe a 44G (nowhere near what I assumed then!), now a 38DD
  • tmw098
    tmw098 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for your replies everyone :smile:
  • tmw098
    Options
    MB_Positif wrote: »
    I lost 50 pounds. No one complains about my boobs.
    Nope no complaints from me. ;-)
    And no one complains about mine after my loss. I love the way they look...and they keep looking better every time I see them.

do you mind me asking how much you lost and what exercises you are doing?
  • tmw098
    Options
    Went from 235/240 to 165 (I've still got 15-20lbs to go); my boobs are two cup sizes smaller, and maybe slightly perkier.

It all depends on if your boobs are mostly fat or breast tissue (which is slightly different and denser). The shape of your boobs is kind of just the shape of your boobs. Most women will lose a couple inches off their bust, but it really depends on where you carry your body fat. You'd likely have to lose far more weight to see drooping etc, but again, I don't know if you're rocking DD/DDDs the way I was (I'm a C/D now) or an H cup.

It's like any area of your body though; skin elasticity is a big factor in how your skin stretches, as is how hydrated you are (to an extent) and the speed at which you lose the weight. Drop 70lbs in 6 months; you might see some saggy skin which may eventually catch up. Drop it in 1-1.5 years, probably not.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. GREAT JOB on your weight loss!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Down 94 pounds… Band size has gone down… cup size is the same. They aren't brilliant as far as perkiness goes… but they don't sag any more than they did 94 pounds ago. And as mentioned… a good bra takes care of all that!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ruffnstuff wrote: »
    So you only want the half with good experiences to respond? Cuz then you can trick yourself into thinking it'll be a guaranteed "win" for your boobs? Sorry...it just doesn't work like that. Either you really want to lose the weight (regardless of what might happen to boobs), or you're going to use the "but, my boobs!!" excuse as a reason not to lose weight. It's all up to you.

P.S. It really, truly matters NOT AT ALL what others have experienced in the boob department. It will not effect how YOUR boobs respond. Good luck.

all of this...
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    ive had 3 children and lost half of what you want to but mine are ok and I breast fed
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    My boobs are hopeless anyway, I just want to lose the weight! I'm not going to worry too much about my boobs, I mean after breastfeeding kids and being 47 and all, well...I figure if the weight ever does come off...I'll just stop wearing bras and tuck them into my belt instead.

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Isn't that what Victoria's Secret is for?

I only had 30 lbs to lose, and I'm pretty much at goal now. I started off with A cups, so I didn't have much to lose in that department either. They did shrink a bit, but I'm still firmly in my 34A bras. The Bombshell bra at VS provides the illusion that my boobs are pretty spectacular, but naked - meh. They're a bit perkier, I'd assume due to strength training, but I don't spend much time admiring them in the mirror, that's for sure. No complaints from my husband, though, and it's not as if anyone sees my boobs except him (and my OBGYN once a year).

Personally, I'd rather have awesome legs, butt, and arms than nice tits. Sure, it would be great to have all of those things, but most people don't.

A lot of overweight women have big breasts simply because they're overweight, and then they complain when they shrink due to weight loss. This confuses me - what exactly do these women think made their breasts so big? Fat! You can't choose where you lose fat, but being in shape is way better than having huge boobs. I don't get why women want big ones anyway - seems like a huge inconvenience to me. I mean, to each their own, but I'd rather not have to order my bras from Lane Bryant, thanks.
  • findingmyw1ngs
    findingmyw1ngs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 24 lbs and gone from a 32C/D to 32A/B, although I usually wear sports bras (in which case I've gone down a size). Now I just think my boobs are too big, but I don't think they'll get any smaller :(
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Scoop the dangle-y parts into a bra, and voilà.

I enjoyed that too much hahahahaha

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I just had mine lifted....Went from a 105cm / D to a 80cm / B-C, lost 60-65lbs, 5'1''. I'm 45, no kids. Tose girls started slapping my face when running and jumping! :p

I asked my surgeon, why some women lose alot of weight on their bust and some don't. He said, some have more fatty tissue and others have more mammery tissue. The ones with more fatty tissue lose and gain size with their weight.

I guess, I had alot of fatty tissue. I was overweight all my life and gained alot during puberty, so my skin ripped alot. Thus it would not go back by itself.

You are younger. The chance your's will bounce back are better. Exercise can help, but the quality of your skin is probably the most important thing in the equation.

I'm 5 weeks into my 'recovery'. Would I do it again? In a blink of an eye! My breasts have never looked this good. I didn't get implants, just had the skin removed and everything lifted. Having my stomach and abs done next year. Then my new me will be complete!

Lots of people don't need the extra help from a surgeon. I do.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I am 51, haven't lost any weight, and I don't have boobs.

I can say this about them though. If a man doesn't want you because of your boob shape or size, why would you want to waste one more second of your time on him?

Concentrate more on being real, and let the rest fall into place on it's own. You'll be happier if you do.

Most of all, do this for yourself because that is what matters most.

Projecting much? Where did the OP say anything about dudes?

• peritonitida
    Options
    As I've lost, I've found that the right bra goes a long way towards helping my self esteem.

hahahahaha. made my day