Breakfast boredom

Options
13»

Replies

• JaneECS
    JaneECS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    quzly wrote: »
    This is my go to. Under 200. However, I usually add half and avocado. I make this on Sundays and it last great for the week.

https://www.skinnymom.com/2014/01/15/skinny-quiche/

Thanks hon, will try, and feed back
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    If you are walking, you really should eat those exercise calories back, I know you don't want help, but you are going to wreck you metabolism if you work out and still only eat 1200 calories. 1200 calories is minimum for if you are sitting on your butt all day.
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My breakfast has been a medium sized banana for the past 5 months and it keeps me full till around 11:00 am, then I have a handful of almonds. You can also have half a grapefruit with the banana.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I love vanilla and honey Greek yogurt with granola (chocolate granola is my favorite) I also mix some chia seeds into the yogurt. I usually eat 1/2 a cup (113 grams) 145 cal and 1/4 cup of granola (30 grasms) 130 cals plus a tablespoon (12 grams) 60 cals of chia seeds is 335 cals. But I frequently half that for a snack.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    My grape nuts breakfast falls at 252. And a half cup of my 1 cup is for my coffee. I have it as 1/4 grape nuts, 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 banana. I nuke the grape nuts with some milk for 1 minute in the microwave, then stir in the banana pieces. Warm, filling, sweetly delicious. Covers all my bases in whole grain carbs, protein, and potassium.

You could probably make some sort of chicken salad in advance to then wrap in a burrito wrap, and run.

When I have more time, like today, I do a half fried egg sandwich (1 egg) with a half grapefruit. More in calories I guess but I work them off.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Granola and fruit.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I found what works for me is not to be such a stickler for timing of my calories. A good breakfast works for me in the long run throughout the day. I need less calories for snacks and lunch, and generally have 400-500 left for dinner and another snack. If I workout I get beer too and sometimes dessert. My weight loss has not shown much yet because I'm using weight training in my workouts. Exchanging fat for muscle. Walking wouldn't cut it for me as I want to reshape as well as lose fat. I obtained an hourglass figure versus a pear in 8 weeks, just in time to look good in clothes on vacation, lol.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    JaneECS wrote: »
    Had never encountered overnight oats before - do we simply just soak them in yogurt overnight, or is there something complicated to be done?
    Kinda I guess. You can find many recipes for this online. Its basically rolled oats, almond milk, and yogurt...then you add whatever mixins you like and put it in the fridge overnight.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I thinks it's strange that so many people have written about being bored with food at 1200 calories. I'm doing 1200 calories right now too. I'm always so hungry in the morning. Anything hot is good. Cold cereal just doesn't cut it. Oatmeal, egg muffin sandwich, eggs and toast.. throw bacon into the mix and life is GOOD. Personally, snacks don't work for me for the reason of getting too hungry in between. I did have 30 calories worth of green beans today because breakfast didn't hit the spot like it normally does. If you can't have your 10:30 snack why not add a bit more to your breakfast? My egg sandwich is 3 egg whites, 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese, 40 calories worth of ham (or bacon), and a muffin that's 100-120 calories.. so about 244-264 calories in that. I made a really good imitation crab omelet the other day that was 321 calories, 8am. Stayed full, enough, until lunch at 12:15. 1 cup spinach, 1 oz neuchatel cheese, 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese, and just about 1/4 cup of chopped imitation crab (53 calories worth). It was really good. I've been able to stick to 1200 calories but I typically don't have snacks.
  • eatliveplay
    eatliveplay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    JaneECS wrote: »
    Had never encountered overnight oats before - do we simply just soak them in yogurt overnight, or is there something complicated to be done?

Yes it's just soaking, super simple. I believe a lot of people do a combination of milk and yoghurt but I love the consistency of just yoghurt. There are tons of recipes out there that you can play around with and see which way you prefer. I have also tried it with steel cut oats but they don't soften up much so if you like them chewy that's also an option.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    michellesz wrote: »
    Do what works for you. It's not like eating 1200 is under eating & as long as you are getting a variety of healthy foods, you are fine. Once you have lost a comfortable amount of weight & feel good about eating back some of your exercise calories, you can experiment with the total number of calories. I started at 1200 & now eat between 1500-2000. I would suggest a packet of oatmeal with some flax seed & a 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder. You can vary your flavor of oatmeal so you don't get bored & will get about 233 calories & it will fill you up, be a good carb & have good protein. Also it takes seconds to make :) Also hard boil some eggs in advance & you can have them with a piece of toast. Google south beach diet quiches. They are awesome & can be made several ways to your liking & frozen or refrigerated & just pop them in the microwave for seconds. Yummy~ Good luck to you.

True. Unless you're starving and bored with the food options like OP. Then it might be a good idea to change things up. Maybe look at eating more. Maybe rethink the distribution of calories. Or stick with it. Whatever she wants to do - it doesn't matter to me.

Personally, if I were only eating 200 cals for breakfast, I'd be ready to chew my own arm off in an hour. In those circumstances, I skip breakfast and eat more later in the day when I have the time. I'm actually a lot less hungry skipping than eating a small amount. Something to consider.
  • JaneECS
    JaneECS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Its just breakfast I'm bored with - the rest of the time, there are so many options and so much food I'm begging for mercy. Practically, the Banana. PB and tortilla thing works, the make-ahead and overnight works, eggy wraps -taking some time to work out whether physically possible without being late for work. Thanks for all your ideas. Also, beginning to squeeze my midmorning snack in - the students eat in lectures, why shouldn't I?
    -