So any water fasters in here? or intermittent? NO BASHING.

Options
MrsHVaughn
MrsHVaughn Posts: 47
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Any water fasters? or juice. or even raw.
What was your longest go round and how did you feel after :)

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    In for raw water.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    In my desperate rash youth while trying to lose 5 pounds I went on a 5 day water fast. Drank a gallon of water a day and ate absolutely no food. Then I took one bite of salad from my son's dinner plate ... and went into a feeding frenzy. I couldn't go back on the water fast ever again, not that I didn't try again, I just could not do it.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    *bash*
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I try to do intermittent. I don't eat until 10 am and I quit eating a 6 pm.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I've done a water only fast...for religious reasons. IF is a real thing and a way of eating and a way of life for many people. I'm not sure what kind of health benefits you think you would get with a water fast...I was personally just hungry...and I found a new spiritual path that didn't require such nonsense.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    yes and don't forget garcinia cambogia!
  • MrsHVaughn
    Options
    lol oh hush
    LeonCX wrote: »

Im not doing one. I have in the past and have done tons of reading on it. I just am curious as to what this community thinks.
    As of now Im just doing it the good ol fashion way
    But in my readings the benifits of a longer term water fast are absolutely mind blowing.

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    diet%20water.png
  • cjbuczynski
    cjbuczynski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is seriously the greatest diet I have ever tried, and it's the only one that has gotten amazing results for me! After starting it, it was the leanest I had ever been
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Water fasting is dumb and unnecessary.

She said no bashing!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    MrsHVaughn wrote: »
    But in my readings the benifits of a longer term water fast are absolutely mind blowing.

I'd also be interested in reading these peer-reviewed, science journal readings.

• nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Water fasting is dumb and unnecessary.

She said no bashing!

Being truthful isn't bashing.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    MrsHVaughn wrote: »
    lol oh hush
    LeonCX wrote: »

Im not doing one. I have in the past and have done tons of reading on it. I just am curious as to what this community thinks.
    As of now Im just doing it the good ol fashion way

I've got some ocean front property in AZ you might be interested in.

• justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I do it when I'm having digestive trouble. I have autoimmune issues and problems with inflammation and sometimes when my digestive system is in pain I'll stick to liquids for a day or two until things settle down a bit. I rarely do just water, though - usually juice, chicken broth, sometimes my vegan protein powder if I think I can handle it. I get dizzy and cranky without at least some calories in my day (unless I'm literally in bed with a stomach bug), but if you've got a stronger constitution then water only might work. I've never done it as a weight-loss method, though - only to help a sore tummy.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting so I drink only non caloric beverages all day and eat all of my calories from 5 pm to 9 pm. But an only water diet for days at a time? No thanks!
  • MrsHVaughn
    MrsHVaughn Posts: 47
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ok seriously, Your being rude and acting like im an idiot.
    I am very far from stupid and if you want to know more about it take the time and look it up. Im curious about other peoples experiences . Thats why I made this post. Not to belittle others for diffrent beliefs before doing your own research.