So any water fasters in here? or intermittent? NO BASHING.

Replies

• extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    *You're
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Water fasting is dumb and unnecessary.

She said no bashing!

Notice you are wearing a pizza, pizza face?

ABUSE! ABUSE! I'M BEING ABUSED OVER HERE!!! :D:D
  • trinatrina1984
    nentecular wrote: »

She said no bashing!

Being truthful isn't bashing.

Haha I know, I was trying to make a funny - I think I should have used more emoticons ;)
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Intermittent fasting is a style of eating. Not a diet or some weird fad. Here's a link to an IF group here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/66-intermittent-fasting

As for water fasting, still LOL.
  • MrsHVaughn
    MrsHVaughn Posts: 47
    edited November 2014

Oh my god! LOL. The sloth.

• MrsHVaughn
    edited November 2014
    For the record im not over here getting butthurt every time someone has something to say about water fasting, juice, intermittent ect. Just looking for opinions and stories, I have a long day of nothing to do and was looking for some entertainment.
  • trinatrina1984

She said no bashing!

Notice you are wearing a pizza, pizza face?

ABUSE! ABUSE! I'M BEING ABUSED OVER HERE!!! :D:D

No one can hear your sad screams. Now zip it pizza face. Mmmmmmmmm pizzaaaaaa.

I just laughed coffee out of my nose ouch.
  • kimmieb2u
    kimmieb2u Posts: 43 Member
    Hello!

I have fasted several different ways both for religious and non-religious reasons. I am currently trying out the 5:2 Fasting Diet.

When I have fasted for religious reasons, I stopped eating except for water and a very lightly sweetened tea. I fasted for several days. While I did have hunger, I was able to go about my business and had no bad side effects other than hunger. I would do it again.

Currently, I have finished my first week of the 5:2, where I have followed the instructions to eat normally for 5 days and fast in a special way on two. This fast is a 500 (because I'm a woman) calorie fast, using the calories allowed at whatever time/way you want. For a quick overview (and interesting short video) go to: http://youtu.be/W9Aj6hRYg4A . During this past week, other than hunger on my fast days and a feeling of lightheadedness which lasted about a minute, I had no bad side effects. Since I have lost over a pound and was able to handle the requirements fairly easily I plan to continue. One reason I like this plan is its ease of use. While I do "watch" my intake on non-fast days (staying within my TDEE), there are no diet restrictions so I can fit it into my schedule easily. Fast days I plan out and it's nice that there are only two of them.

I hope this helps you and good luck on your goals.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    edited November 2014
    MrsHVaughn wrote: »
    For the record im not over here getting butthurt every time someone has something to say about water fasting, juice, intermittent ect. Just looking for opinions and stories, I have a long day of nothing to do and was looking for some entertainment.

A radical solution to weight loss is not the answer. Patience and a consistent plan of action that works over time is the way to go. Drinking water and not eating food is asinine and illogical.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Raw?? So you chase your dinner around the yard?? Just wondering......
  • Serah87 wrote: »

Think uncooked, unprocessed, mostly organic foods. Your staples: raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and sprouted grains. Some eat unpasteurized dairy foods, raw eggs, meat, and fish.

Your food can be cold or even a little bit warm, as long as it doesn’t go above 118 degrees.

I would probably skip out on the meats though :/ Stick with seeds and nuts for protien
  • No water fast but I've tried intermittent fasting before and I've seen phenomenal results. I came off it to reset my body and I'm at it again. It's probably one of the best things considering I don't like eating that many meals anyway. It hasn't slowed down my metabolism or anything either. Win, win. :smiley:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Serah87 wrote: »

Think uncooked, unprocessed, mostly organic foods. Your staples: raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and sprouted grains. Some eat unpasteurized dairy foods, raw eggs, meat, and fish.

Your food can be cold or even a little bit warm, as long as it doesn’t go above 118 degrees.

I would probably skip out on the meats though :/ Stick with seeds and nuts for protien

I will stick with old fashion way and cook my foods!! :wink: LOL
  • uconnwinsnc1

Cooking chicken at 118 degrees probably might definitely absolutely will lead to a bad night in the bathroom.
  • MrsHVaughn
    edited November 2014
    No water fast but I've tried intermittent fasting before and I've seen phenomenal results. I came off it to reset my body and I'm at it again. It's probably one of the best things considering I don't like eating that many meals anyway. It hasn't slowed down my metabolism or anything either. Win, win. :smiley:

Well my day of nothing to do just vanished. Got called into work. Have a wonderful day everyone and best of luck on your wieght loss adventures!~ :)

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    tumblr_n0br6hFLlt1rmjplho5_500.gif

But hey.. it looks like it does exist...

raw_water.jpg

• MrsHVaughn wrote: »

Cooking chicken at 118 degrees probably might definitely absolutely will lead to a bad night in the bathroom.

Thats why id skip the meat Lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

Thats why id skip the meat Lol

So how are you planning on getting in sufficient protein? And if you juice, how are you planning on supplementing your fiber?