Diet and reward

Options
2»

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't deprive yourself of the foods you love. It will not hurt you or set you off track in anyway if you choose to eat chinese, a burger or pizza any day. It's about moderation and making it fit into your daily goal. You only live this life once. Enjoy it and all the foods :).
  • Mudler
    Mudler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks all so much and yeah. There is a danger that this whole dieting thing can become too much of an obsession. You feel guilty when you eat chocolate etc.
    I think it really does have to be a Controlled thing. You have to stick fairly rigidly to it of course but not at the expense of living and enjoying the little pleasures in life sometimes.

Thanks all for the comments :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The only thing you should be concerned about eating Chinese is that you have to drink a couple of extra glasses of water to offset the sodium. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pizza, burgers or Chinese food. Make it fit your allotment, or eat it, log it move on.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You have two choices. You could crave and resist until your head explodes or work the food you enjoy into your calorie’s budget. There isn’t anything wrong with eating at or above your calorie’s maintenance level once in a while. Personally, I think it should be part of the process. I think it is good for the mind, body, and soul.

For some people, high sodium causes water retention. If you are such a person, just drink plenty of water/fluid in order to flush out and balance the sodium and you will be fine. Unless you have a medical reason for restricting certain foods then focus on restricting your calories and not your food.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Juliska3 wrote: »
    Depends. A lifestyle change is what's going to have you arrive at your goals. I don't see unhealthy food choices as a 'reward '. I see them as unhealthy food choices today and unhealthy tomorrow. When is it good to eat pizza with toppings...never. Especially if you are not yet at a healthy weight.

Will it hurt you physically...no. It just takes away some of your self satisfaction and well earned esteem.

Healthy foods are not 'second best'. Hopefully as you become healthier you will get a high off of fitness and 'the good stuff'. A proud self discipline sets in. Call it 'smug' but I like to be able to say that I haven't eaten a cookie in a decade and have no desire to. Right now I'm craving that Mango in my fruit basket.

Smug? No. Martyrdom, most definitely. I hope you attain Sainthood or else it would've all been for nothing, yes?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    OP, log it and make it fit your day so you don't go into the red. If you do, don't sweat it, it's just a day in the bigger picture. Deprivation doesn't work for anyone except those seeking Sainthood. Ahem ^^^ see above.