• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is pretty much liquid fat.
    NO
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have lost 21 lbs in 12 weeks and while I have cut down, I haven't stopped drinking. keeping to weekends, usually one night a weekend, for the most part. The bigger problem I have is binge eating when I drink.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a drink nearly every day and log every drop. I even went so far as to measure how I make my usual concoctions so the calorie count is accurate.

I've cut it out for a month or two in response to a fitness challenge, but I don't think it's keeping me from reaching my goals.

The sweets on the other hand...
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    Because it has a lot of calories, be careful to measure it accurately. I think that has been my downfall with working drinks into my calories in the past. I estimated and truly was drinking a lot more calories than I thought... or I assumed what a restaurant served me in a glass of wine was a regular serving, but truly the glasses are larger. Other than that, as long as it's in moderation, I don't think it's a big deal.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine.. A "bad day" once in a while won't sabotage your weight loss. It becomes an issue when your caloric intake ramps up beyond what you're expending every day. Will going out with some friends and having a few cocktails sabotage your weight loss? Absolutely not. What will kill it is the urge to munch on bar food or to grab that after-bar pizza... Those are the calories and fat that sneak in that you don't really think about until you've packed on a few extra pounds and can't figure out why.
  • Hike_higher
    Hike_higher Posts: 86
    Options
    Alcohol is pretty much liquid fat.

^^^ This is why you need to do some actual research yourself if you want intelligent answers to a lot of questions around here. There are a lot of really good people that are great resources here............but you need to sift through the windbags that post uneducated replies.
  • SlytherinBat
    SlytherinBat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a drink nearly every day and log every drop. I even went so far as to measure how I make my usual concoctions so the calorie count is accurate.

I've cut it out for a month or two in response to a fitness challenge, but I don't think it's keeping me from reaching my goals.

The sweets on the other hand...

Ditto
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nope, not if you work it in your calories and drink in moderation.

^^ This.

I have a drink or two a day (glass of wine, beer, etc.) and make sure it fits into my daily goals.

Me too - I reward myself for a long day of hard work with 1 glass of red. I've lost 28 lbs since the beginning of Feb so if it's sabotaged my progress, it's minimally. I met the goal I set for myself and am currently working on my stretch goal. I won't have it if my calorie allotment doesn't have room for it.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Red wine...mmmm! Thank God scientists are now talking about the health benefits it might have... Joking aside, I think the whole weight loss process is about moderation and planning, so if one doesn't exaggerate then a drink now and again shouldn't be a problem :smile:
  • joelsumrall
    joelsumrall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So do I. I add it under my snacks section, and make sure it fits in my daily calorie intake plan without going over.