Quest bars

Options
124»

Replies

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I just bought a few this weekend. The cookies and cream, peanut butter and chocolate ones are alright, but I didn't think it was the best thing ever. I just ate the peanut butter cups for breakfast and it was gross. So chalky and I felt like I needed a power washer to get it unstuck from the roof of my mouth.
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love them - some flavors more than others, but I don't think any are horrible. I have at least 1 a day except when I run out. High fiber, high protein, reasonable fat, low sugar. So many other bars are high in sugar. I buy an assortment on Amazon and I consider them a daily treat.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I haven't found one that I liked yet. I think they are pretty gross. Great macros for people who have trouble hitting their fiber though. I don't so that part is unimportant to me. I prefer Pure Protein for the price point and taste.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Wow...I'm in the minority here. I think they are awful. They have no texture and every bar starts to taste the same. I bought 6, ate 4 and threw the last two away. There are so many more things I could enjoy for the 200 calories.

20757594.png
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Tried the raspberry white chocolate one ... its damn tasty!
    About as good as a balanced snack ... 17g of carbs, 20g of protein and only 1g of sugar! Great for a boost and worth the money!
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Banging them out at roughly $18 a box... and yes legit seller. (not me)

I use them all the time! Good way to fit them in a pinch when there isn't a Chipotle nearby :)
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Banging them out at roughly $18 a box... and yes legit seller. (not me)

I use them all the time! Good way to fit them in a pinch when there isn't a Chipotle nearby :)

What is the seller?! Best I can find is $25/box.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Wow...I'm in the minority here. I think they are awful. They have no texture and every bar starts to taste the same. I bought 6, ate 4 and threw the last two away. There are so many more things I could enjoy for the 200 calories.

20757594.png

I think any protein bar is kind of an acquired taste. Usually takes me a few to get used to any brand. But if you didn't like any of the 4, you probably never will.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    SLHysell wrote: »
    They're great, but Pure Protein bars are cheaper and to me taste better. Also, they are more readily available at stores like Target and Walmart. I can't live without my Pure Protein bar for breakfast!

Same here, but the fiber from Quest bars really makes a difference to me.

Hm, never actually considered that. I was kind of sad that the pure protein has no fiber at all, but I didn't realize that quest has 17g of fiber. That would be awesome! Hm, maybe I should think about ordering some...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I would wait til Monday and see if they have another Cyber Monday sale on the Quest site. They have different sample packs, so you can try more than one flavor. I didn't love them right away, but they grew on me. Apple Pie was really the only one I've tried that I didn't like. I agree with Pure Protein, even though it doesn't have the 17g of fiber. Their salted caramel and chocolate peanut caramel are my favorites.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I've got a friend who works in a GNC, so he uses his discount to get me some ^.^

I love them. Yeah, it's got that protein bar taste, but it's so dang tasty. I use them like dessert some days.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I've got a friend who works in a GNC, so he uses his discount to get me some ^.^

I love them. Yeah, it's got that protein bar taste, but it's so dang tasty. I use them like dessert some days.

Darn.
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I got some with apple pie flavour this summer. Utterly disgusting. Rest of them went into the bin ...
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about them, but they are a good way to get protein in.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I would wait til Monday and see if they have another Cyber Monday sale on the Quest site. They have different sample packs, so you can try more than one flavor. I didn't love them right away, but they grew on me. Apple Pie was really the only one I've tried that I didn't like. I agree with Pure Protein, even though it doesn't have the 17g of fiber. Their salted caramel and chocolate peanut caramel are my favorites.

Oooh, that's a great idea! Hm, wonder if bodybuilding will have any sales too (although I'm calling my limit at 5 tubs of protein powder...).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Oooh, that's a great idea! Hm, wonder if bodybuilding will have any sales too (although I'm calling my limit at 5 tubs of protein powder...).

auddii, have you tried the protein powder yet? I want to (actually I'm waiting for the brown rice protein powder and/or sampler packs of the ones already out) but if the price is right....

• bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SLHysell wrote: »
    They're great, but Pure Protein bars are cheaper and to me taste better. Also, they are more readily available at stores like Target and Walmart. I can't live without my Pure Protein bar for breakfast!

ME TOO!!! I LOVE PURE PROTEIN!! But maybe I should try Quest and see what you all are talking about!