Pancake Bum

I'm eating 1650 cals a day and doing strong lifts5x5, three days a week. I need more to help this hopelessly flat butt. SHAPELESS AND FLAT. GIVE ME A PLAN, routine...whatever!!!! I CAN'T LIVE WITH THIS ANYMORE!!!
«1

Replies

  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    More squats, more deadlifts, hip thrusts with weight, walking lunges with weight, flutterkicks, single leg bridges, sumo squats, and do all of your cardio on the StairMaster.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    I'm eating 1650 cals a day and doing strong lifts5x5, three days a week. I need more to help this hopelessly flat butt. SHAPELESS AND FLAT. GIVE ME A PLAN, routine...whatever!!!! I CAN'T LIVE WITH THIS ANYMORE!!!

    Stronglifts is a good plan. Calm down and be patient. In the mean time, volunteer for the less fortunate, to keep things in perspective.
  • jessicabonney
    jessicabonney Posts: 5 Member
    I agree with the second comment. Those exercises with weights will definatly help.
    Remember though your glutes are a muscle and to get a bigger bum your glutes will need to grow so be patient. This takes time. Also eat alot of protein, this aids muscle growth.

    Good luck girl :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    So, not to overthrow the thread. But I do all of the things mentioned above to help my already BIG butt. So if these exercises and heavy weights help you get a bigger/better butt...What are they really doing to my already big/round butt?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    How long have you been doing Stronglifts consistently?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    So, not to overthrow the thread. But I do all of the things mentioned above to help my already BIG butt. So if these exercises and heavy weights help you get a bigger/better butt...What are they really doing to my already big/round butt?

    I'm certain it is making it awesome. My big butt looks awesome.

  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    deksgrl wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    So, not to overthrow the thread. But I do all of the things mentioned above to help my already BIG butt. So if these exercises and heavy weights help you get a bigger/better butt...What are they really doing to my already big/round butt?

    I'm certain it is making it awesome. My big butt looks awesome.

    Okay. Good. I was hoping for awesomeness.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    MMMM butts... *sigh*
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    sits and waits for photo evidence
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    I used to run stairs; gave me a killer bum! ...and burn. :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    You're lucky you can fix the butt. I have a boob issue that nothing can solve.
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    i had a fat butt (round but made of fat) dieted hard and did cardio 90 minutes daily (7 days) to prep for my 1st show, COACH told me not to squat bc it would give me a square shape ( ihad been squatiing heavy up til that point)- 3 months later i had legit pancake butt
    - this year i squat and squat and deadlift and donkey kicked and lunged and all that good resitience for legs and butt- world of difference in legs and butt, i do have photo evidence but that stuff gets flagged and what not round here so feel free to check out my bodyspace same screen name
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    deksgrl wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    So, not to overthrow the thread. But I do all of the things mentioned above to help my already BIG butt. So if these exercises and heavy weights help you get a bigger/better butt...What are they really doing to my already big/round butt?

    I'm certain it is making it awesome. My big butt looks awesome.

    Okay. Good. I was hoping for awesomeness.
    Agreed with this.

    And OP, start looking at Bret Contraras' stuff. He is known as the "glute guy" for a reason. I really enjoyed running his strong curves program, which involves using variations of key lifts (squats, hip thrusts, and dead lifts). It has a full body beginner program, a full body advanced program, a body weight program, and glute only program. He also has a blog with a lot of free info about great exercises for improving your butt.

    If you want to stick with stronglifts, try some accessory work afterwards that incorporates some of his butt improving suggestions. Or give it time, stronglifts will improve your butt on it's own. I am currently running Bret's glute challenge (http://www.t-nation.com/workouts/30-days-to-a-big-butt-great-squat), but I'm thinking afterwards I may return to Stronglifts. I initially was burnt out on the program, but after several months off, I'd like to try it again.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    sits and waits for photo evidence

    e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png

    From left to right: me after losing 45 lbs with no exercise, me after lifting for a year, me after lifting for 16 months and bulking with hip thrusters for a month.
  • Ok your march 2013 is where my *kitten* is at right now!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    sits and waits for photo evidence

    e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png

    From left to right: me after losing 45 lbs with no exercise, me after lifting for a year, me after lifting for 16 months and bulking with hip thrusters for a month.

    Amazing buttsformation!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    User pic, but I still feel like I have a lot of work to do...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    jaquelynny wrote: »
    mj4fti97ehdx.jpg

    Was your profile pic taken at a different time from this one?