13»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Sorry, but this reminded me of my 7 year old....

You are eating too much it seems. You dont put on weight by running, you will simply only retain some water for a limited amount of time.

You don't put on 10 pounds of fat overnight either... It's been two days, the water weight is a much more likely explanation.

And you dont drink 10 pounds of water either though do you?

Are you still here?

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I ran on Saturday morning and weight 10 lb heavier last night, sunday night. :)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    albayin wrote: »
    I ran on Saturday morning and weight 10 lb heavier last night, sunday night. :)

Aha, okay. Well, do you always weigh at night? Because many people way more at night than in the morning - again, just the bulk of what they've eaten and had to drink. Re-weigh tomorrow morning and see where you are. :) You may have actually only "gained" 7-8 lbs. and not 10...I still can't think of a logical reason unless you were overeating like crazy during that time, but if you're back down to or near normal I wouldn't be very worried, personally.

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Muscles hold water for repair when they are damaged by overwork. You have to look at everything. You ran, which probably damaged some muscles. If you ate more sodium than normal you would retain some water. Depending on where you are in your hormone cycle you could retain some water. I've gained as much as seven pounds in a day or two, and had it take three or four days for it to come off. It's nothing to panic about. you didn't gain body weight.

A few pounds of water weight are nothing to cry "why me?" about. There are many worse things that could happen to you. Wait a few days, you'll be fine.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    There's another reason to weigh in the morning: You lose carbon, water, and all sorts of things while you sleep just through the act of breathing, and since you're asleep, you're not replacing those elements with food or drink. Add all that to the food you eat during the day, and that can account for quite a few pounds by nightfall.

You should be consistent: weigh yourself when you first get up, after you use the bathroom but before you eat or drink anything, preferably naked (or at the least, in your underwear. No need to increase the numbers with clothing.)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for replying...just a quick update: 3 days later, i was down 5 lbs...but still a few more than before the long run...:(