Whats your secret???

Options

Replies

• Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My secret is knowing myself, having a basic knowledge of nutrition, physics, and applying that knowledge to myself.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I take the hot looking pics from people on my friends list and use them in my success stories.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I always get a chuckle everytime i see a success story posted and somebody always posts.. "whats your secret"? Really folks? There's no secret to weight loss.. feed your body the correct nutrients in the right portions and burn calories through activity. No really the secret is...... poop alot!!!!!! :laugh:

Whats your secret to making that manly facial hair!?!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My (overweight) MIL sat me down the last time she saw me (my in-laws only see us once a year, if I can help it) and peppered me with questions about my weight, including the laughable "what's your secret?"

It was so funny to see the crestfallen look on her face when I answered "diet and exercise". Like she was HOPING for an outrageous solution, like smoking crack!

This is my experience minus the MIL. Time, after time, after time. Maybe we should say smoking crack just to liven things up for ourselves! Lol!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy? The secret is bacon. There, I said it. It's bacon.

Lies.

It's Bacon, AND Ice Cream.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start telling people that the secret is Vampirism.

(and bacon and icecream)
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    The "secret" is: "GET UP OFF YOUR *kitten*" and "STOP EATING SUGAR"

but I like sugar.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

but I like sugar.

<--- eats a lot of sugar.

I've started telling people that the secret is chocolate. They never listened when I said the secret was calorie deficit, at least this way I get their attention.
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    They want to know what shot or pill I'm taking because they want to try it. When I tell them eating healthy and exercise they than tell me I can't do that.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    People who ask about secrets believe there must be a secret and thus will never put in the effort required for actual success.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm I haven't had anyone ask me what my secret is yet - but perhaps I should arm myself with a smart @ss reply to be ready. :indifferent:
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This is so funny b/c I was just answering this same question last night to about 6 different people and one lady said "Really! Just working out and eating healthy? That's all you're doing?" But it makes me feel good that people are asking b/c that means they are noticing my weight loss!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 25 pounds thus far about 50 more to go and people are asking me this too. What are you doing, what are your secrets. I boringly tell them eat healthy and workout. They are like "really thats it?" Ummmm YEAH sorry I am doing it the right way and not a fad diet that will work for the 2 weeks you can stand to be on it and then gain all the weight you lost plus some

haha! I feel exactly the same way.
    I eat healthy, I work out.... nothing else much to it. :)
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I have lost about 25 pounds thus far about 50 more to go and people are asking me this too. What are you doing, what are your secrets. I boringly tell them eat healthy and workout. They are like "really thats it?" Ummmm YEAH sorry I am doing it the right way and not a fad diet that will work for the 2 weeks you can stand to be on it and then gain all the weight you lost plus some

^^This. Then people go "no really, what pill are you on??"

Sorry I'm doing it the RIGHT way :happy:
  • amylite
    amylite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Here is the real secret:

Watch what you eat, log your food and exercise, bust your *kitten* daily, and hide from society for 5-6 weeks. When you are seen again, its like you've MAGICALLY LOST WEIGHT.

Maybe that's the secret, stay away from people who bother you? Haha!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

but I like sugar.
    :angry: \m/
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I always get a chuckle everytime i see a success story posted and somebody always posts.. "whats your secret"? Really folks? There's no secret to weight loss.. feed your body the correct nutrients in the right portions and burn calories through activity. No really the secret is...... poop alot!!!!!! :laugh:

If only it were so easy to actually lose weight through pooping. Else bulimia would actually work, rather than slowing down the metabolism and holding onto the fat and water:-P

----I came in here just to be a smartass---- :-P

Lol jokes aside, you are right: It's a simple matter of math (calories and macros in vs. calories out). Heck you can even eat junk food as long as you're still hitting your goals and working out!
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What about a bad secret?? Like one that you are hiding lol? I still drink sugar free monsters every day =/ with cancer causing crap. Its my 80/20....I tried detoxing and it worked, then they came out with new ones..........ugh

Totally random but have you tried the Monster in the white can? Low calorie/low carbs...freaking delicious. I would drink one every day if I could shut up the voice in my head which feels the need to remind me that they will rot my teeth.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret!

Well, the catalogs are good inspiration anyway. :smile:

YES. :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    The secret is you always look before you flush.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!