Whats your secret???

Options

Replies

• RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I came here armed with a smart *kitten* remark. I feel cheated...

lol me too.. sad day...
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My (overweight) MIL sat me down the last time she saw me (my in-laws only see us once a year, if I can help it) and peppered me with questions about my weight, including the laughable "what's your secret?"

It was so funny to see the crestfallen look on her face when I answered "diet and exercise". Like she was HOPING for an outrageous solution, like smoking crack!

i might starting using that one.

Q What your secret?

A i started smoking crack. LOL

I actually made that joke to a friend's mother at a wedding once, and she didn't even smile... lol. Guess she didn't think it was so funny.
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Soylent Green is clearly the secret.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Stress! That's been my secret. Lose 10 lbs in two weeks by getting dumped, moving, and being broke!

Works like a charm.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My secret is positive thinking.

I don't exercise I just 'wish' the fat away.

And just look at my ticker!
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Less Food....more relaxing...more "couple time"....
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    My DIL' s mother said " Oh it must be so hard for you because you love your food "
    Yes I do.
    I replied " I eat delicious food. We have a lovely dinner every night and I even drink alcohol. "
    She looked puzzled.
    Eating healthily and losing weight does not equal starvation. LEARN HOW TO COOK. That's the secret.
    Tonight I had spinach and lamb curry with leeks and yoghout. DELICIOUS. 400 calories.
    I exercise at least 400 a day plus strength training. I can eat a whole delicious curry because I get off my a##e.
    Yes, that IS the secret.
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    Mayoneggs and cornballs
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I always get a chuckle everytime i see a success story posted and somebody always posts.. "whats your secret"? Really folks? There's no secret to weight loss.. feed your body the correct nutrients in the right portions and burn calories through activity. No really the secret is...... poop alot!!!!!! :laugh:

yep...eat less, move more. i leave raspeberry ketones etc to the scientists.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The secret is to eat as much as you possibly can for 184.5 days. Preferably eating up to 8,000 calories with little no exercise. That's right.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Someone who noticed my weight loss told my they "wished" they could lose 70 pounds too. Wishing didn't work for me - I tried it for years! But tracking calories and 6 days/week of sweating seems to be pretty effective so far.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    The only secret is...
    Never give up. Never surrender.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Someone who noticed my weight loss told my they "wished" they could lose 70 pounds too. Wishing didn't work for me - I tried it for years! But tracking calories and 6 days/week of sweating seems to be pretty effective so far.

lol - I like you.

A colleague I really love recently asked me my secret (I've lost 70 pounds so far). I answered, "no secret I'm afraid." She said, "Suffering? I was afraid of that." We laughed ourselves silly and admired each other's honesty.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The only secret is...
    Never give up. Never surrender.

Galaxy Quest fan? :)
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options

haha! love this one!

I will def be using the 'smoking crack' answer tho! That's too good to pass up :)
  • autumnpath
    autumnpath Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    After losing nearly 65 pounds I get this ALL THE TIME. THERE IS NO SECRET PEOPLE!!! I wanna scream every time I hear that.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Someone tell my bf it's ok to poop? My secret is, I stay away from bags of cookies and chips, and juice and soda. I buy single serve everything. Really, other than that mind your business. Watch what you eat and sweat like your life is in danger 6 times a week. You'll be among us folk who will live longer and look awesome.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

I get that a lot, too. Silly me! I have been busting my butt- who knew I could just wish it!!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I take the hot looking pics from people on my friends list and use them in my success stories.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What about a bad secret?? Like one that you are hiding lol? I still drink sugar free monsters every day =/ with cancer causing crap. Its my 80/20....I tried detoxing and it worked, then they came out with new ones..........ugh

I drink calorie free Monsters as well... I am in :love: with them!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!