How do you LOSE muscle?

Options
13»

Replies

• Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Try to move around as little as possible, if you can stay in bed for days at a time that would be ideal

Lol. Pretty much.

Just stop with the weights and do other activities like walking, running, swimming, etc.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    porscheMD wrote: »
    GauchoMark wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Hhhmmmmm.....I think there is some body image issues going on here. If the photo you are showing is updated, I don't see a muscular look.

this.

OP, you look great and based on the pic could probably stand to gain a little muscle if anything. You definitely need to be careful losing more weight.

That's currently not me (a ways back), but a great picture to hide my face and keep a little anonymity!

Self-validation much? I think you're bordering on a serious body dysmorphic disorder and you need to seek professional help with this.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    cavia wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    cavia wrote: »
    Stop the weight training and start training for a marathon.
    Probably not the best recourse. If the OP is untrained, chances are the muscularity of thighs could increase with that type of training.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Are you thinking of sprinters? Marathon runners are not muscular and long slow cardio does not build muscle.
    No, I'm thinking of marathon training as creating a big deficit and revealing more muscularity (not building muscle). One can have a muscular look without having to build a lot of muscle. Madonna comes to mind here.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    porscheMD wrote: »
    Three days ago, the OP stated in another thread "It's not muscle because the weight training isn't that intense (and I haven't been doing it for that long)" ... a month ago opined "I'm already at a very normal BMI. I eat 1200 calories a day, but do I need to cut down even more? Is it even possible with my BMR to lose 2 pounds a week?"

Dysmorphic though patterns echo through her posts. I doubt anyone who is scared of being sore from a workout class is putting in the effort to put on muscle ... if it were even possible with their diet.

Basically over the past year I was doing weight training and gained muscle/definition in my legs. I stopped doing it for 1-2 months, gained 10 pounds of weight (or so) and wanted to start weight training (but nothing too intense) (and yes I can totally be scared of being sore! don't judge, some people don't like the feeling). Oddly enough I was losing weight/gaining muscle last year. So I didn't understand why I wasn't getting the same result the second time around.
    Honestly, if you don't want definition, you have to keep a high body fat %. And it really does seem like you have some body image issues, that you might want to get checked out. And you can't beat genetics, so if you don't like your legs, you are going to have to learn how to live with them.