Faux Cheesecake

Options
2»

Replies

• husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I tried this with Nonfat Greek Yogurt and Cheesecake flavored pudding mix. So, so good. It tasted exactly like cheesecake and the texture was pretty effing close too.
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    AMRROL wrote: »
    I came up with this improvision so that I don't over eat. If I had a slice of cheesecake, it would set me off on a mini eating binge. My fault, I know. This is limited in portion size as the yoghurt comes in preset packaged amounts. It gives me just enough sweetness to satisfy my needs, without all the additional calories of the crust, larger portion, etc. And show me a slice of cheesecake with only 70 calories

Thanks for this! I am a binge eater and eating actual cheesecake would also set me off into a binge. I would probably even binge on this, but at least it won't add up to a ton of calories. I eat 2500 cals a day (and still lose) so I could fit it into my day, but I would rather just eat more things so this is great. :)

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    husseycd wrote: »
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Just eat a cheesecake. Why is trying to lose weight about coming up with fads all the time to compromise taste?

Good grief. Do you even count calories? Seriously. One slice of cheesecake can easily have 400 calories. That's an entire meal for me. So I can have the cheesecake but then be hungry because cheesecake isn't all that filling, and probably have a hard time meeting my macros, or I can have some yogurt with pudding, get my cheesecake "fix" and then still have room for dinner. Even with all the exercise I do, my maintenance calories are only around 2200/day.

Do you have cheesecake every day? No? Ok, then. Every once in a while those extra calories are not going to derail you. One slice of 400 cal cheesecake per month, isn't going to kill your diet. Just plan on being over that day.

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I tried this with Nonfat Greek Yogurt and Cheesecake flavored pudding mix. So, so good. It tasted exactly like cheesecake and the texture was pretty effing close too.

If you use Chocolate Fudge Pudding mix it tastes like chocolate cheesecake. Even better. LOL

• AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Thanks for the validation. It does taste good, doesn't it? And for those of us who do watch calories, it is a delightful substitute. And you are right, The texture is pretty close.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Can't wait to try it and may even sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs on top for fun!