Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I have the WW and I love it.

Just out of curiosity... Have you noticed that someone is following you around the forum and flagging every single post you write as abuse? Someone must really have it in for you! O.O

I noticed this yesterday!

As for the OP - I have no clue, but I'm following this post because I totally hate my bathroom scale

laughs yep I noticed and MFP staff knows who it is. Some people have nothing better to do than to hide behind their computers, instead of just outright stating a grievance. I'm here for me and to share what I've learned with others.

Bahahaha, wow. Well now you have a fighting chance competing with MrM for most flags. But be warned, I will be stepping up my game :smiling_imp:

That's what I said!! Wear them like a badge of freaking honor! A MFP flagging stalker, that's an accomplishment.

OP, I have a WW scale I've had for years and it's doing just fine. I actually got on the scale twice today. I may or may not have kicked the scale across the bathroom because I thought it was being a hoar and telling me I had gained weight. Then I realized that the 3rd number was not and 8 but a 6, so I hopped back on and sure enough it read out exactly the same. After kicking it I can't say I would have blamed it for popping up with "F OFF" on the screen. :laugh:
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »

Don't bother Fitbit Aria. Very expensive. Very inconsistent. It would change suddenly decide to add or subtract 200 g on 4 consecutive weigh-ins. Plus there's no reset button.

Nice design and app, not so good scale.

I don't have an Aria so this is not in defense of it, but this may not be a flaw per se. Most scales give a false sense of accuracy by storing the latest measurements into a memory function. If you weigh in and then re-weigh yourself several times right away, they should all show the exact same weight. This isn't because the scale is weighing the same, but because it is defaulting to memory. Most scales have a function that if the re-weigh is within some defined margin (probably about 0.25 to 0.5%) that it just defaults to the stored weight so that it gives the user an impression of consistency.

The Fitbit may not have this "feature" and might actually be displaying it's ACTUAL measurements, which for some people might be preferable.

You can test if your scale is defaulting to memory by weighing something totally off after weighing yourself. For example, weigh yourself, then weigh just your foot, then weigh yourself again - you'll probably see that your re-weigh is not 100% the same the second time as the first time. This is normally accounted for by the memory function which you've fooled by weighing your foot in between.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have the WW and I love it.

Just out of curiosity... Have you noticed that someone is following you around the forum and flagging every single post you write as abuse? Someone must really have it in for you! O.O

I noticed this yesterday!

As for the OP - I have no clue, but I'm following this post because I totally hate my bathroom scale

laughs yep I noticed and MFP staff knows who it is. Some people have nothing better to do than to hide behind their computers, instead of just outright stating a grievance. I'm here for me and to share what I've learned with others.

It's funny that they actually think you would be bothered by it, someone really needs to get a new hobby.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    SEAFOODMAN wrote: »
    the one that gives you the lowest number...... :)

Like.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    All scales are cr@p. Why bother spending more money on something which will most likely give you the same disappointment? Those WeightWatcher con-artists have managed blag some more people on here it seems.