i like my boobs way too much to ... nope nope nope, nightmares brb
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I know- seriously. I can't. even.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I cringe at all the going commando in here. Please make sure you wipe down the equipment you're using.
  • tgmichelleee
    tgmichelleee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm actually really surprised at how many people go commando or are in a thong at the gym
    I've been debating it recently because of chaffing/bruising I get when running (not really chub rub but more underwear digging into my skin and abrading it)

Curious though, has anyone had any issue with UTI's when going commando or wearing a thong?
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've made my strong feelings about my thin M&S granny knickers fully protecting me from all my hand and back sweat on the bench known in a similar post on this topic.

But not washing clothes, especially sports bras? Bleurgh. I'm rather endowed in this area and my bra is usually in a worse state than my pants. The thought of not washing it makes me feel itchy.
  • N3rdyBird_
    N3rdyBird_ Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Compression shors or... well ya know.. it's been said like tree times above me xD
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Best underwear is no underwear.

^^ this! Commando all the way
  • kiniece
    kiniece Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    nicola8989 wrote: »
    What's the best underwear to wear for the gym and for other exercise e.g. cycling?
    none.
    not fond of trying to pull my underwear outta my *kitten* for 2 hours while on the treadmill. ain't gonna happen. :o
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how many people are going commando at the gym. I seriously sweat too much for that and need another layer to contain it. Not to mention that my wobbly bits aren't generally content with compression shorts. I wear granny panties. Thongs cut off my circulation, boy shorts fall down. Hipsters are ok in a pinch, but more likely than not I am rocking some big girl briefs under my workout clothes. And, no, I don't go to the gym to look good, but if I feel like if I am not comfy people might stare at me and it throws me off. I had braces on my legs when I was little and people made fun of me in gym class, and I am still very self-conscious about it.
  • KristaPerseveres
    KristaPerseveres Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Who wears panties with workout pants? You can buy the kind that you don't need any. No lines, no ride up, no show. It's all good :-)
  • kiniece
    kiniece Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    kfbetts wrote: »
    Who wears panties with workout pants? You can buy the kind that you don't need any. No lines, no ride up, no show. It's all good :-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this :)
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that some people don't wear underwear to the gym and I am deeply disturbed :\
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Who wears underwear under workout/cycling pants?!?

NONE! and I'm pretty sure that's why most workout bottoms have liners in them....
  • dispatcher939
    dispatcher939 Posts: 75 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    underarmour and I believe it is champion have no show, no ride, moisture wicking, panties they come in boy cut, bikini and thong.

I like having that extra layer between me and whatever might be on the gym equipment.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I cringe at all the going commando in here. Please make sure you wipe down the equipment you're using.

No need. I run and workout at home! ;)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm actually really surprised at how many people go commando or are in a thong at the gym
    I've been debating it recently because of chaffing/bruising I get when running (not really chub rub but more underwear digging into my skin and abrading it)

Curious though, has anyone had any issue with UTI's when going commando or wearing a thong?

I haven't had a UTI since I was in HS. And I wear shorts that come with a built in liner or I wear nothing at all. I've never had an issue.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    It's actually recommended you DON'T wear any type of underwear under cycling shorts. I mean actual cycling shorts, not spandex that you buy and call cycling shorts. Then again, even if I'm only going to go ride in my normal shorts I won't wear underwear either.

I never wear underwear for my workouts, either. They're uncomfortable. If I'm doing an intense leg workout they ride up in places you don't want them sticking.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

No need. I run and workout at home! ;)

I'm mostly confused at how people think that this ISN"T happening.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    kfbetts wrote: »

people who like to? not everyone jumps at the chance to leave their underwear home.

i have never had panties ride up and idgaf if i have a panty line in the gym because im there to get work done.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I hate wedgie... so I'm a thong girl. Cannot stand going underwear-less... not at the gym at least! lol