13»

Replies

• 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    now it's juicy
  • hiswaywardgirl
    Options
    Haha... *eyeroll* This thread is so derailed.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    loubidy wrote: »
    Obviously not been here for a while.. Forgot no one could read nor discuss.. Woops, I'll go elsewhere.
    It's being discussed. You're just not getting the answers you want to hear. It's kinda of a low blow to indirectly insult that people here aren't capable of discussion when that's not the case.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    There were 3 rude, completely non-constructive comments before she posted that, and many more following. I understand her annoyance.

I saw one that was funny (and I totally laughed), and the rest were totally legitimate comments. The problem is that it's not what she wanted to here, which was also pointed out before she made her snarky YAGE.

Such is the standard template for these topics, right down to the white knight at the end.
    Am I the white knight? LOL. All I did was point out that the "low blows" ninerbluff mentioned were directed at the OP first. I understand why she would be annoyed. ;) Does this thread serve a purpose anymore?

I've always liked knights. They move in that nifty L-pattern.

All I wanna know is is my response considered a low blow? Just wondering so I can check off my MFP forums bucket list.
  • hiswaywardgirl
    hiswaywardgirl Posts: 42
    edited November 2014
    Options
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    loubidy wrote: »
    Obviously not been here for a while.. Forgot no one could read nor discuss.. Woops, I'll go elsewhere.
    It's being discussed. You're just not getting the answers you want to hear. It's kinda of a low blow to indirectly insult that people here aren't capable of discussion when that's not the case.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    There were 3 rude, completely non-constructive comments before she posted that, and many more following. I understand her annoyance.

I saw one that was funny (and I totally laughed), and the rest were totally legitimate comments. The problem is that it's not what she wanted to here, which was also pointed out before she made her snarky YAGE.

Such is the standard template for these topics, right down to the white knight at the end.
    Am I the white knight? LOL. All I did was point out that the "low blows" ninerbluff mentioned were directed at the OP first. I understand why she would be annoyed. ;) Does this thread serve a purpose anymore?

I've always liked knights. They move in that nifty L-pattern.

All I wanna know is is my response considered a low blow? Just wondering so I can check off my MFP forums bucket list.
    You're asking me? I don't think so. Yours was relevant. I don't think ninerbluff's was rude, either.

I was referring to the comment on Blow, the documentary being for the "unknowledgeable," and the OP seeking confirmation bias. Seemed a tad unnecessary and I could see why the OP would be irritated.
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So I watched the documentary 3 years ago and it was interesting and the guy was compelling at the time I watched it. I was up for something new and figured I could do anything for ten days if I got enough calories. I was so horribly wrong. Mind you, I don't mind food experiments from time to time, but I really didn't think this one through very well.

I lasted 2.5 days of the 7-10 days I was attempting. I also dragged my DH into my experiment. He is a very loving man and very patient.

Things I learned while attempting a juicing experiment:
    1) I love food
    2) Don't make juices that are primarily made out of parsley. It was a super bad choice.
    3) Yes, not eating actual food and getting my calories in a purely liquid form, was a bad idea to start on a Monday during a busy work season.

4) I didn't put much faith in the whole cleanse and needing the time at home, but the adjustment is harsh. I should have tried it when I could stay at home.
    4) The breakfast juices made from fruits were ok.
    5) I wasn't so much hungry, but wanted to eat. And it made me angry. Yup, flat out angry. It was a weird thing.
    6) I won't ever attempt it again unless specifically prescribed by a doctor for a specific reason.
    7) I read many internet articles and blogs ( not the best source) that some do a juice diet once a year for 30 days and thought it was the best thing ever. I am not sure how they do it.
    8) Juicing, for us, was a time consuming process. I would put it at about the same time as regular food prep.
    9) I am still confused as to how to get what I would consider vital nutrients like fat and protein when juicing.

It was by far the most interesting food experiment I have ever tried. I will not repeat it.
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would like to also add, I wasn't doing it for weight loss. I just saw the documentary and wanted to try it, for a limited time.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    OP has bowed out, what a shame she may have learned something about juice fasting <shrugs>

OP Has a life, went to eat some food, went to bed, got up and saw to my horses, went to college and ate some more.

As said before I have no intention of juice fasting, nor did I say I thought the documentary was right, but what I did think was some of the things the documentary made me think about as its not strictly about juice fasting but increasing fruit and veg in your diet. Some points being about better general well being (skin, migraines etc) from cutting out processed foods. This is a subject I've heard contradicting views about time and time again with the same argument:
    ndj1979 wrote: »

what toxins does a cleanse get rid of that your body does not naturally detox on its own????
    But people still cut processed foods from their diets and don't get shot down for it.

I did not start this topic to suggest anyone start a juice fast, hence my annoyance at some of your replies. I was looking for a discussion on whether there are people who would benefit from juicing? If there is actually scientific evidence of effects on health of what you eat affecting your health? For example how would your health be if you had food for one meal and consumed the rest of your calories in juice if you were someone who did not consume fruit and veg usually. This is not actually a question more to show what I meant by discussion.