What are you reading? Would you recommend it?

Options

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin. Definitely recommend it! A Song of Ice and Fire is awesome!

8830689.png

This is right behind Harry Potter as my favorite series, ever. Now I want to reread it.
  • DevilsNegu
    DevilsNegu Posts: 60 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Do u guys use tuebl? Awesome site
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin. Definitely recommend it! A Song of Ice and Fire is awesome!

8830689.png

This is right behind Harry Potter as my favorite series, ever. Now I want to reread it.

My favorite series will always be Lord of the Rings. Tolkien will always be the man to me. It's quite ironic since George RR Martin has been called the anti-Tolkien.

8830689.png
  • My_Mind_Is_My_Cage
    My_Mind_Is_My_Cage Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Oscar Wilde's fairy tales and yes I would highly recommend it
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Last night I finished "What is the What" by Dave Eggers. Definitely recommend it.
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Cutting For Stone - and hell yes, seriously good book.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    L.A.M.B. by Christopher Moore--hysterically funny if you like irreverent humor, it's the story of Biff, Jesus's childhood best friend. And The Wave, by Susan Casey--fascinating and enthralling, it's the story of freak/rouge waves told through the eyes of scientists and big wave surfers. Highly recommend both.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    L.A.M.B. by Christopher Moore--hysterically funny if you like irreverent humor, it's the story of Biff, Jesus's childhood best friend. And The Wave, by Susan Casey--fascinating and enthralling, it's the story of freak/rouge waves told through the eyes of scientists and big wave surfers. Highly recommend both.

I love L.A.M.B! I'll second this. I read it two times actually.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    DevilsNegu wrote: »
    Do u guys use tuebl? Awesome site
    I had never heard of that. Thanks- I'm definitely signing up!

• ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    His Excellency: George Washington by Joseph Ellis (Audio Book) I am enjoying it. If you enjoy history and autobiographies that is.
  • JenD1066
    Options
    L.A.M.B. by Christopher Moore--hysterically funny if you like irreverent humor, it's the story of Biff, Jesus's childhood best friend.

Loved that book. If you haven't read Moore's A Dirty Job or the Bloodsucking Fiends books, those are equally hilarious.

• ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    QHjr wrote: »
    NutureShock, by Po Bensen
    What if we told you... that dishonesty in children is a positive trait that arguing in front of your kids can make you a good role model and that if you praise your children you risk making them fail ...and it was all true?
    nurtureshock.jpg

What is your opinion on this book?

• JenD1066
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Last night I finished "What is the What" by Dave Eggers. Definitely recommend it.
    I haven't read that yet, (it looked too depressing) although I love Eggers. I'm going to reread "A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius" soon- Amazon had it for $1.99. And I recently finished "The Circle" which was addictive.
  • JenD1066
    Options
    grimendale wrote: »
    Currently working through the collected stories of H. P. Lovecraft.

I've never gotten around to reading Lovecraft, so I just downloaded his collected works. Which stories are your favorites?
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SQL Server 2012 Integration Services for Professionals. I would recommend if it you're into databases / ETL.

Otherwise, I'd recommend Starship Troopers (the book, not the film)
  • JenD1066
    Options
    Otherwise, I'd recommend Starship Troopers (the book, not the film)
    Love everything by Heinlein. And yes, that movie sucked.
  • JenD1066
    Options
    Love The Last Starfighter. My favorite guilty pleasure movie is probably Reefer Madness, The Musical.
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm reading MFP and I highly recommend it!
  • JenD1066
    Options
    [quote="rml_16;30315565"I most recently finished (for myself) Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Not the best book ever, but enjoyable.[/quote] I agree. Anansi Boys and Stardust are my favorites.