Fitness Trackers

Options
2»

Replies

• Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am too getting rid of Body Media and told them exactly why and that I would not buy Jawbone. I am leaning towards the Vivofit with chest strap. My research has been showing that a chest strap is more accurate than a wrist HRM. I have to watch my rate only when exercising and been using a Polar FT60.
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with the Polar 60--Its a good HRM
  • lorraineg57
    Options
    I was looking at the Up3 due to the BM sensors as well. I too have a BM band I'm looking to replace. I got all excited because I thought the Up3 was going to have continuous HRM on release. Then I saw elsewhere that it will only do resting HR on release and continuous HRM at a later date. I do like the idea of the BM sensors but I really want continuous HRM from the get- go...not sometime in the future.

I also don't like the idea of a wristworn device. I do kettlebells and heavybag work and the band will get beat with the kb's and will have to go under gloves. Sounds uncomfortable. Not much choice though since there's nothing else out there.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the Up3 due to the BM sensors as well. I too have a BM band I'm looking to replace. I got all excited because I thought the Up3 was going to have continuous HRM on release. Then I saw elsewhere that it will only do resting HR on release and continuous HRM at a later date. I do like the idea of the BM sensors but I really want continuous HRM from the get- go...not sometime in the future.

I also don't like the idea of a wristworn device. I do kettlebells and heavybag work and the band will get beat with the kb's and will have to go under gloves. Sounds uncomfortable. Not much choice though since there's nothing else out there.

I nearly changed my mind about the Up3 when I read the same thing about the continuous HRM...but then I thought, my Bodymedia was impressively accurate without the HR...an Up3 with BM sensors plus extra sensors should be at least that accurate, right? So I went ahead and ordered...but if I find that I don't like it, it comes with a 60 day guarantee. Hopefully, by then, the Fitbit Surge will be out and there will be some reviews.
  • Rockerbabe131
    Rockerbabe131 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Love my Misfit SHINE! Does what I need it to do: Motivate my rear end to get up and move! (and I love that it tracks my sleep, the area I need the most work on.) Top selling points: 1. No charging required. 2. Waterproof. 3. It really, REALLY, is pretty. I just have the plain gray colored one (it was half-off) and would prefer one of the fashion colors (I love the wine and storm) but the $50 price break makes GRAY beautiful! I did buy the necklace and the leather watch band...they track the same. I've used the clip on several different body parts as well as just loose in my pocket...same. Love this little device. Granted it IS just a glorified pedometer, but that's all that I was looking for. My favorite thing each day is to give it a little tap and see the lights "dance" around if my goal has been met. If I'm not quite there it DOES motivate me to get a little more activity in. I just had to raise my daily goal because I was meeting it way before dinner. If I can push myself to complete it early, then it needs to be higher...speaking of which...time for this girl to go work out so that I can get my "dancing lights" today! ((HUGS)) to all!

ETA: I was a diehard BM FIT wearer but it died after 4 years of continuous wear. I, too, can't seem to get behind Jawbone. If something isn't broke, don't fix it.

Im liking the sounds of all of this! Does is track your activity then..or just your steps and your sleep? Glad you posted it was waterproof: I live in Oregon, and am thinking of joining a gym where a pool is available: I'd hate to ruin an armband I forgot to take off before getting it! :(

I was also a BodyMedia Armband wearer; up until about a year ago. The only complaint I had, was that it seemed that just after a year, BOTH my armbands broke (I had two, one for a little over a year each). I'd call, and it was out of warranty, so I'd have to buy another. ..and the same thing happened a year later - once more past its warranty of a year! GAH! ..BUT, it was amazing at tracking. I don't like the new looks and offers of these ones now. :( I agree with the statement of: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" - for sure!