I want my abs to Pop. Please help

Options
13»

Replies

• MelonJMusic
    MelonJMusic Posts: 121 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I agree with the majority of people here: Start lifting those weights, girl. You cannot get bulky unless you're shootin' up. If you want to lower your body fat to show your abs more, make sure you are maintaining the muscles to prevent atrophying by doing strength/resistance training and eating at a deficit. If you want rockin abs (bc most don't get them naturally when they lose weight), you'll probably need to lift heavier weights, add calories above maintenance to your diet (in the form of protein is a good choice) and build the lean muscle before "cutting" (maintaining the muscle you've gained while losing body fat by continuing to lift/do cardio and eating below maintenance.) It's a process, but it's achievable!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Like any other muscle group, you have to eat at a calorie surplus and do some sort of progressive loading to stimulate hypertrophy. You'll put on a bit of fat with the muscle that you'll then have to cut off by continuing to progressively load and eating at a calorie deficit.

It's really that simple.