How do you get motivated to work out when you're REALLY tired?

Options
124»

Replies

• erwright235
    erwright235 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The hardest part about most workouts: Putting your shoes on
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    hm, I thought it was stretching my shoulders for a squat.
  • kk1084
    kk1084 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think about how upset and hateful I'll be toward myself if I don't go. I think about that all-encompassing feeling of "UGH I should have gone!!" And usually, I can stomach the works out ;)
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I tell myself that hot woman in Yoga pants will be there
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I consider the alternative, and am not willing to go back to the way I was.
  • 11mike
    11mike Posts: 159
    Options
    I do it cause I`ll feel better after
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I had that excuse every day. And kept my fatness. What has changed, is preparation. I drink a Muscle Milk at 1530, with a large glass of water. At 1615. I drink this pre workout drink, probably has caffeine in it. I leave work at 1645, and drive directly to the gym.

I have tried to be a morning exercise person, but can't get there.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout. I take it and know if I'm not doing *something* in the next half hour I'll regret it. :lol:
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    Exercise should be part of your routine, not something you have to decide to do at some given moment. Plan time in your schedule for it, and know that you're going to do it regardless. Don't ask yourself if you want to do it right before hand.

+2.73851198354
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A cup of black coffee gets me going in the morning. Once I'm at the gym I either listen to music or read a book or watch a movie on my Kindle. Sometimes I still get bored and I people watch. I do my cardio at the gym and weights at home. The weights are set up in front of all the cardio equipment at my gym so I like watching what others are doing for ideas.
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    marlown wrote: »
    You're seldom going to feel like working out BEFORE exercise, if you work long hours and have other pressing responsibilities. The motivation comes with the sense of accomplishment and well being AFTER your workout. Just push through and do it and the determination for the next time will follow. Trying to get a little more sleep would be beneficial, as well as eating to fuel your workouts - low sugar and carbs and enough protein. Just my two cents' worth. Good luck with your journey! You can do this!!

I agree!
    Hey this app with let me reply, like, or message you. Gives me some dumb error. I get this on different people and been hearing it from other MFP pals too.
    Try messaging me when you get a chance.
    And if anyone is wondering yes she is one of my friends.
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    marlown wrote: »
    You're seldom going to feel like working out BEFORE exercise, if you work long hours and have other pressing responsibilities. The motivation comes with the sense of accomplishment and well being AFTER your workout. Just push through and do it and the determination for the next time will follow. Trying to get a little more sleep would be beneficial, as well as eating to fuel your workouts - low sugar and carbs and enough protein. Just my two cents' worth. Good luck with your journey! You can do this!!

I agree!
    Hey this app with let me reply, like, or message you. Gives me some dumb error. I get this on different people and been hearing it from other MFP pals too.
    Try messaging me when you get a chance.
    And if anyone is wondering yes she is one of my friends.

Won't let me. (sorry fat fingers.)
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't wait for motivation. I get home from work, change directly into my workout clothes and DO MY WORKOUT without even thinking about whether I want to or not...never mind actually wanting to or not.
    Many people find that working out in the morning is better for them because they have physically tiring jobs. My job is mental, so any exhaustion I feel at the end of the day is almost entirely...mental.