I'm vegetarian. I had no choice but to eat meat!

Options

Replies

• ihateyoga
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    How was it?
    DAMN! I've never appreciated chicken so much before. After the meat was gone, I kept licking the bones like a cat.
  • mysquishy
    mysquishy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the vegetarian thing for about 8 months - I didn't want to eat conventional supermarket meat and I couldn't afford the good stuff. All I ate was pasta because I'm lazy. Worst idea for me ever.

I changed my mind on meat once my system adjusted to proper meat. Proper as in, wild elk I helped clean during hunting season. It took my system somewhere between 6 months and a year to fully adjust. Worth it though! Not a fan of Bambi though, he tasted like a pine tree.

On a side note: I tried being vegan for a week and all I could think about was fried chicken and cheese.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your chicken, I think you should eat meat when you want, or if you choose to stay a vegetarian, just be flexible. I am a big meat eater, but I eat vegetables also, variety is good to have.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    ihateyoga wrote: »
    How was it?
    DAMN! I've never appreciated chicken so much before. After the meat was gone, I kept licking the bones like a cat.

This is so funny, probably funny to have seen it.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    THIS made me Roar, some might say its meat-tastic!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Lol!!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I had no choice, but to eat meat!
    Today, I stood at the food counter display, staring at the fried chicken.( I usually do that when I crave for meat.) I had no intention to get any. But the sales lady came up to me and said:"Which one would you like?" I hesitated for a few seconds thinking if I said:"no thank you." She probably would think that I'm homeless. If I said:"I'm vegetarian," she would laugh at me for staring at he chicken. So, I told her "give me that big piece." >:)

Well...alright then. I'm curious how long you've been vegetarian, though. I have been for 18 years(I'm 36) and the thought of eating meat repulses me. I suppose if you just became vegetarian last week that could explain it though. Anyways, humorous story all the same.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You clearly haven't been vegetarian for vary [sic] long (not a strict one at least) Or that big piece of chicken would have you vomiting. Your body can't adjust from not [sic] meat to large quantities like that after being a vegetarian for a while.

This is a common vegetarian myth based on the related myth that meat is hard/difficult for the body to digest. It's not that some vegetarians don't experience digestive troubles when switching back (some do), but it's generally because they expect difficulties and/or have negative emotions relating to eating meat. Many vegetarians, even long term ones, can go right back to eating large amounts of meat with little/no discomfort. My first day eating meat after 3+ years of vegetarianism involved over a pound of red meat, with no noticeable effects aside from a profound feeling of satisfaction.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    frob23 wrote: »
    You clearly haven't been vegetarian for vary [sic] long (not a strict one at least) Or that big piece of chicken would have you vomiting. Your body can't adjust from not [sic] meat to large quantities like that after being a vegetarian for a while.

This is a common vegetarian myth based on the related myth that meat is hard/difficult for the body to digest. It's not that some vegetarians don't experience digestive troubles when switching back (some do), but it's generally because they expect difficulties and/or have negative emotions relating to eating meat. Many vegetarians, even long term ones, can go right back to eating large amounts of meat with little/no discomfort. My first day eating meat after 3+ years of vegetarianism involved over a pound of red meat, with no noticeable effects aside from a profound feeling of satisfaction.
    When you use the quote feature, the little "[sic]" qualifiers aren't necessary. Nobody would mistake it as your error.

It is easy to differentiate the quoted errors from your own. :)
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options

My experiences exactly. I was vegetarian (but not vegan) for over 3 years, until my doctor told me that I needed to eat a lot of protein to help my recovery from the muscle wasting that was a result of a coma. He gave me the choice, but advised that I'd have to be very on top of my eating to get the complete proteins I needed from 'Third World Proteins', like rice, beans, etc. Being that I only went vegetarian because I thought it was healthier for me, finding out it would be healthier for me to eat meat was actually a happy day for me. Fried chicken AND a Quarter Pounder for dinner that night! (Are you seeing how I became overweight, here?) :smiley:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    How was it?
    Way to go!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    laughs, I like meat, awesome post!
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    09784de4bb5d926dbc260f242f9336322775e8152832ac0a7ee9abccfdac755e.jpg
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    bacon2.gif

In for bacon love, and sanctimonious people!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    You did the world a favor. Chickens are evil and ugly and conspiratorial and deserve to die.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    dltoler wrote: »
    Dont feel too bad meat is yumtastic!

I have never found meat to be that enjoyable, I eat it for heath reasons, but I could go literally months without buying it if I didn't need to. The only meats I actually like are salami and shaved ham, but even then, I never have a particularly strong desire to buy them.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Okay.
    Obviously you could have said no thank you or not eaten the chicken you bought but you really wanted to eat it.
    I don't know why you chose to eat vegetarian but if it wasn't a conviction that eating animals is wrong then maybe you should consider eating meatless for most of your meals and planning some meat meals prepared in a healthy way one day a week. Better than eating fried chicken you didn't intend to get.
    Not everyone becomes a vegetarian because they think eating animals is morally wrong.

I know. I clearly said if the OP didn't choose to eat vegetarian because of a conviction that eating animals was wrong then maybe they should just eat healthy meat meals on a regular basis... Instead of drooling over the fried chicken display. Because they obviously do want to eat meat and are happy about it based on the posts here.
    I respect people who choose to not eat meat for whatever reason. If they change their mind, I respect that too. Doesn't mean you have to go from vegetarian to eating bacon and fried chicken meals every day. You can eat meatless several days and eat reasonably healthy meat meals a few days as well.

• chantalebelle
    Options
    Ok

this
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options

my experience is similar. i never chose to be a vegetarian because of animal cruelty. i chose to be one because i couldn't afford meat. doesn't mean i wasn't a vegetarian at that time. when i could afford meat, i bought myself a big fat steak and enjoyed every minute of it.

only slight bellyache after, and that's probably due to the size of it.