I'm vegetarian. I had no choice but to eat meat!

Options

Replies

• ihateyoga
    Options
    I'm going to do it at the busiest restaurant on Friday night to redeem my sin! :\
  • hislittlelights
    hislittlelights Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!

I'm an omnivore (gimme a good steak anytime, medium-rare, please). But I love a wide variety of veggies and fruits, too.
    My husband -- he's a meatatarian! He only eats veggies because I serve them to keep his arteries from clogging!
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I have the same experiences with fluffy delicious muffins.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for about 8 months. Then I got drunk and was halfway through a BigMac before I remembered I didn't eat meat. I thought about it for a sec, shrugged and kept eating. never looked back.

It was November, anyway. There was no way I was going to make it through Christmas.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You could've killed her and hidden the body just to save your embarrassment AND not have had to eat meat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am missing something here.

But also posting to see all of the 'opinions' being shared.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You ate meat and you're a vegetarian? So what?

Its the vegetarians who think -if you eat meat on this or that rare occasion you will go to hell - who need to worry. They are the true head cases here. And probably lose the high ground on other points or morality. Those people who try to avoid meat and find on occasions they have to either indulge or starve do not need to feel guilt or make public confessions.

There are people who've made ethics for a living who basically run this line. e.g. Peter Singer. That is to say animals rights movers and thinkers who take the rational approach as i've just spelt it out. Its the only sane way to go. Go for sane and rational, not extremism and fundamentalism.

On the whole i try to avoid meat as much as possible. I hate animal cruelty but i can't give up milk and i have decided trying to stay healthy without dairy and fish is just too difficult for me.

So choose for yourself what you can do and do your best to participate in any movement against cruelty to animals - without guilt.

There are other philosophers who hold that when all is said and done, morality is just a human construct and in the big picture, there is no ultimate right and wrong and whatever we do doesn't matter, ultimately. I'm of this view but... we will be better served in the present, if we can avoid causing suffering to all other creatures as much as possible.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I mean....why are you vegetarian? is it for health reasons? There are ways to incorporate meat into your diet in a healthful way...if it's for political or spiritual convictions I can't help you.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Eh, eat what you want.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    ihateyoga wrote: »
    I had no choice, but to eat meat!
    Today, I stood at the food counter display, staring at the fried chicken.( I usually do that when I crave for meat.) I had no intention to get any. But the sales lady came up to me and said:"Which one would you like?" I hesitated for a few seconds thinking if I said:"no thank you." She probably would think that I'm homeless. If I said:"I'm vegetarian," she would laugh at me for staring at he chicken. So, I told her "give me that big piece." >:)

Now THIS is a vegetarian I could like...
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I get the impression this post has been made purely for the lulz.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    I feel like I am missing something here.

But also posting to see all of the 'opinions' being shared.
    I ditto this
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    My first thought......you had a choice
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    never mind that.

what we have is a yoga-hating (ex?) vegetarian.

^^herr - the tolerance is there for us to embrace. like a good bernaise sauce on the muscle of some mammal that is no more
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm.
    http://snltranscripts.jt.org/88/88bmonkey.phtml

(SNL credits:
    Air Date: October 15th, 1988
    Matthew Broderick
    The Sugarcubes
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    There's a name for this--you are a flexitarian.
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I don't get the point of this post…

Personally, I'm a vegetarian and have been my whole life for moral reasons. But for MY moral reasons, I don't expect anyone else to think or feel the same way. I just expect everyone else to respect my decision to not eat meat as I do their's to eat it.

Who cares if you ate meat? I feel like you just posted this to piss of vegetarians or get support from other meat-eaters. It just seems a bit ridiculous because it doesn't concern anyone else what you eat and what anyone else eats doesn't concern you.

Excuse the long response, I'm just trying to understand what the point of your post is.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the point is, either, but I didn't read all 3 pages so I could've missed it.

I personally don't care what people think. I would've just said, "No thank you." And walked away. No need to explain or worry about what someone else (a stranger) thinks. Also, just because you bought it didn't mean you had to eat it, right? Surely, you could've given it away. Lots of people love free food.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You had no choice? Of course you did. You CHOSE to order chicken instead of politely saying you are a vegetarian.