Belly fat help

Options
Hi
I am seeking advice on how to loose my belly fat(aka moms pouch, pregnancy impersonator' storage unit).

I do not have $$ or time for a gym membership but I do have motivation and I will work out in the privacy of my own home

Any tips?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit. If you use the app correctly, you will lose weight and lose your belly. You can't spot reduce unfortunately. You don't even need to go to the gym, but if you want to work out for health reasons, you can use videos at home. Good luck!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    What she said.
    You can lose fat all over, and that will help actually reduce the tummy.
    You can do core-strengthening exercises (situps all directions, planks all directions, rotational planking), and that will help the appearance.

51637601.png
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Caloric deficit. If you use the app correctly, you will lose weight and lose your belly. You can't spot reduce unfortunately. You don't even need to go to the gym, but if you want to work out for health reasons, you can use videos at home. Good luck!

QFT
  • thornborrow193
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

QFT

What is QFT?
  • thornborrow193
    Options

What is caloric deficit?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

What is caloric deficit?

it means burning more than you eat... its how you lose weight.
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    QFT = Quoted for Truth (i.e. I agree with this post)

Caloric deficit is calorie deficit with a spelling mistake (I assume). It means eat less than you burn.

Edit: or is caloric a different way of saying calorie like a different tense? I've not heard it before but assume it's the same thing.
  • thornborrow193
    Options
    Thank you Jenny.

How do you burn 1000 calories in a day?
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jenny.

breathing, pumping blood round the body, etc :)

You use a certain amount just by existing, that's your BMR. Then you use more by being active.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jenny.

How much weight do you have to lose? A 1000 calorie deficit is a lot, and may not be sustainable?
  • Tim_Simons
    Tim_Simons Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! Try downloading workout videos from Youtube. I suggest Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Don't forget to take supplements to recover from your workout and keep you going for your next routine.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am seeking advice on how to loose my belly fat(aka moms pouch, pregnancy impersonator' storage unit).

I do not have $$ or time for a gym membership but I do have motivation and I will work out in the privacy of my own home

Any tips?

Lots of tips here to tackle that abdominal fat...

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

The points above about a calorie defecit being key are very true, but it's very helpful if you do some complementary fitness training as well. I'd echo the point about 1000 cals defefict being a lot. Use the calculator on here to set your current weight, your target weight and your rate of loss and it'll give you the calorie targets to aim for.

For general, at home, fitness you've got a few options but I'd suggest a combination of CV training and resistance training. I'm not up to speed on at home CV work, the prospect of prancing around in front of a DVD is anathema to me, but may people love it. Work that alongside some bodyweight resistance training like You Are Your Own Gym, Body By You or Convict Conditioning and you'll start to see results.

Once you're started along the route you can do more research about what you want to do. Personally I run, cycle swim and do bodyweight resistance training.

• thornborrow193
    Options
    [/quote]

How much weight do you have to lose? A 1000 calorie deficit is a lot, and may not be sustainable?[/quote]

I am confused on what calorie deficient is. my goal is to eat 1200 calories a day.

But just an example:
    If you eat 1000 calories and you have to burn more then you eat, you have to then burn 1000 calories because you ate 1000? Or am I not understanding this?

A normal person should eat 1200 -1800 calories a day with the focus being smart choices with those calories consumed?

So many questions ................
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Read this first:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    then check this website out - it explains things pretty well.
    - http://scoobysworkshop.com/
    -
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am confused on what calorie deficient is. my goal is to eat 1200 calories a day.

Set up MFP with your current weight, your goal weight and your rate of loss. It'll then tell you what calorie goal to eat against every day. If you train, then you should compensate for that by adding what you burn to your goal for the day.
  • thornborrow193
    Options
    MFP said 1460, I am aiming for 1200
  • shanzd
    shanzd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if MFP said 1460 and you are aiming for 1200 then you have a 260 calorie deficit. If you add exercise into that and you don't 'eat back the calories you have burnt' then that's great. One day at a time. It really is 80% diet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    shanzd wrote: »
    if MFP said 1460 and you are aiming for 1200 then you have a 260 calorie deficit. If you add exercise into that and you don't 'eat back the calories you have burnt' then that's great. One day at a time. It really is 80% diet.

No...1460 should be the number including the deficit already. I don't know why I'm posting here. It's hurting my head to read.