FRs without messages

Options
runner2runner
runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
I don't mean to be a troll, but don't you just find it really annoying when you get a friend request without a message, especially when the first sentence on your profile states very clearly that a message or note is required when sending a friend request?

How many of you here get FRs without messages when you've made it clear that one should be included? As much as I hate doing it, I ignore FRs with no messages. I don't care how hot the person in the avatar is!

Replies

• rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    Honestly, I don't put that much thought into it. I usually just click "accept" and that's that.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Good luck controlling the Human Race. :flowerforyou:
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I ussually check out the person's profile, give them about a week to interact with me and if they at least acknowledge my existence lol they get to stay :) But I also don't have it written in my profile... so that would show right there they didn't read about who you were before clicking that add friend button... but you never know, maybe they saw you in a forum and knew they wanted to request from that? :)
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    First world problems
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I suppose I'm making too much of a big deal out of it! Maybe I need to take a chill pill!
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    What's the big deal just add them if they don't offer no support, delete em'? simple, the more motivation the better :)
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Most of the FR that I send are based upon peoples comments in the forums (encouraging, advice given, their success with losing weight, etc). I will SOMETIMES look at their profile to see if their similar in age, etc, but more often than not, I dont check the profile first.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't accept any friend requests, however if I did I would rather them send a message with the request too.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't put that much thought into it. I usually just click "accept" and that's that.

I don't always write a note if we've been posting on the same thread...and I certainly don't require someone to include a note to me.

On a side note though - doesn't it feel a bit like asking someone on a date when you do write one? "Hi, um, I thought what you said in the post was really interesting and I totally checked out your profile and I think you're cool, wanna be friends? Check Yes or No" LMAO
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I just hit the decline button if there's no message, no profile pic, and no information filled out. It's no sweat off my back.
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    I don't accept any friend requests, however if I did I would rather them send a message with the request too.

Conformist.
  • mannus707
    mannus707 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    dont mind not getting a note. New here so I'll accept about anyone.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Nope. I never understood the need to require messages. They are usually stupid anyways.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I won't accept without a message.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    How bout messages with out friend requests.

I had one this morning
    "Hi, how r u? Do u run? Just wanted to say ur really good looking."
    Haha. Looked at his profile and all his friends are young females. I just deleted it haha.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I don't accept FR without a message, as stated in my profile. It's not that I don't wish the best for everyone, but I use MFP as a tool toward success and maintenance, and this includes knowing each person on my list, not getting overwhelmed with status updates or bogged down with folks who may not be ready to commit and support. (Yes, yes, it IS all about me. :happy: ) It's a formula that's worked for me, and I appreciate every single person on my friends list.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I always include a nude with mine...no other messages....nothing else is really needed. :smokin: :smokin:
  • LandonRand
    LandonRand Posts: 166
    Options
    Just sent you a FR....

....without a message
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Where do you get all the time to worry about such things?
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I only accept requests now if people tell me why they requested me. I then send a message (usually) to those I declined explaining I would like to know why they would like to be friends. Honestly most people reply to the question of why they added without a message "lol oh I don't know you must have said something I thought was cool, or I liked your profile." To me that only shows they didn't put much thought into adding me and for me its about quality not quantity. I am a really cleaning out my list of one month inactive members plus and those that haven't commented on anything I have posted in weeks OR who haven't posted anything in weeks. :) but that's me.