2 Questions you get when you lose weight

Options
1235»

Replies

• Ibleedlipstick
    Ibleedlipstick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty open and proud of how much I have lost, so I have no problem telling people. However, I find it hilarious how disappointed people get when they hear I did it the boring way: tracking everything. I think people hope that I lost it with some magic formula, when in reality, I just worked my butt off.
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think there is no need to sound condescending or pompous. But rather to develop compassion, and help those who cannot see the light, because we all got to be obese because we where stupid! nothing smart about that! Cultivate compassion ( Jesus mode) ( God Mode) to help make this world a better place, by sharing! Wrong focus, lack of sharing, made us obese, in the first place. When you learn better, share more :)
  • RiseandGrind77
    RiseandGrind77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't mind telling people how much weight I lost, actually I'm proud to tell them. The funny thing is when they ask "HOW" you did it. Once you start explaining to someone who is interested in losing weight, and they realize there is work and discipline involved, they start to tune out. It's almost like they expected some easy solution they could do overnight.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Whenever I respond with calorie counting/logging what I eat I always get "Oh that's too hard!" or "That's too much work!" Everyone wants me to uncover some crazy weight loss secret! As far as telling how much I've lost? I don't mind at all! I also don't mind revealing my weight. They're just numbers!
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think I'm kinda the minority here. I'm slightly uncomfortable telling people what I've lost because it almost is admitting how huge I was. I've lost 65 pounds and it's obvious I'm not near my goal yet. I know people knew I was really fat, but I'm really tall so it almost is "distributed better" lol. So yes I was huge but I still don't think people knew quite how high I had gotten. It makes me uncomfortable but I do tell people and try to be proud when I do.
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    Options
    I don't mind telling how much I've lost, or how I've done it, although they always seem disappointed when I say "ate less, moved more"...like they are hoping for a magic pill answer or something!
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I've never been asked how much I weigh, but I have been asked if I lost it naturally or not.

For sone reason, the people I know assume that it is impossible to lose any larger amount of weight unless they've had weight loss surgery.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!