Kim K's butt

Options

Replies

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    What I think the OP is trying to refer to is Blacksploitation where caricatures of blacks are used as marketing ploys to further an agenda. This is not about racism, thus no race card. This however is about how women, blacks and certain people in general (or the perceived characteristics therof) are used to sell or market one thing or another. Of course, Kim will do anything to sell herself so she is not really pertinent to OP's complaint.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Did the models back then have a gun to their head? Do it for free? Doubtful. They chose to participate in photo shoots from a well known photographer with well known views. Sounds to me like the motivation back then was no different than now - attention and compensation.
  • misslazo718
    misslazo718 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, were his views really well known and was he really well known? Honestly, I don't know so I will have to take you word for it. I thought the whole reason he chose Kim K was because he knew it would propel his name so to speak. All, I'm saying is I see the images and no I don't see anything inherently racist. I'm just pointing out how others might. That's all.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    Did the models back then have a gun to their head? Do it for free? Doubtful. They chose to participate in photo shoots from a well known photographer with well known views. Sounds to me like the motivation back then was no different than now - attention and compensation.

Yeah, I agree but I think the articles (the one that was referenced) isn't about the models themselves but how they were use to progress a certain agenda. So, that's why I think OP's point is not particularly about Kim but how she was used (or allowed herself to be used) to put forth a certain agenda. It would be like a shoe company playing a commercial of two basketball players trying to dunk, one white and one black, and then portraying it like the white guy couldn't reach the hoop. Thereby, playing up the myth that white men can't jump to sell some sneakers. That would be un-PC (if that's a word) as heck but I wouldn't blame the guys for the commercial, I'd blame the marketing company. But hey, maybe being PC nowadays has gotten out of hand.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Kim K's butt is what most Armenian women's butts look like. Google it.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Does anyone else think Kim K's photo was about race and sexual exploitation...or what is it simply art?

OP, you are over-thinking this WAY too hard.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »

Here we go generalizing. I'm sure no one has seen most Armenian women in the world, so how would they really know? It's like saying all black women have big butts and I know that myth isn't true.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    All I see is a series of very photoshoped images that are supposed to represent a woman's figure
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »

Here we go generalizing. I'm sure no one has seen most Armenian women in the world, so how would they really know? It's like saying all black women have big butts and I know that myth isn't true.
    Google it and quit trying to start the generalization battle. Just because you haven't learned more about it doesn't mean others haven't. I'm not about to have e-fights with people that refuse to educate themselves before throwing that generalization card.

Google is your friend.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    "Everyone I know has a big butt. C'mon, Simone, let's talk about *your* big butt." - Pee Wee Herman
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Someone just sent me this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2_q86KZRw
  • wilsoncl6
    Options

Google it and quit trying to start the generalization battle. Just because you haven't learned more about it doesn't mean others haven't. I'm not about to have e-fights with people that refuse to educate themselves before throwing that generalization card.

Google is your friend.

What is the source for your data and sell me on it.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Having a big butt has gone from being something freakish to being something that is basically envied, yet people will still find a way to play the victim or put a negative spin on it to sensationalize things. It's not even like the whole fat acceptance issue because that's still promoting being unhealthy. Whether it's a major thing or not, it's a step in the right direction if you let it be one.

That being said, her (completely photoshopped, airbrushed) tookus looks waaaaay better here than it does in her cream coloured jeans. Those make it look like a bag of wet leaves covered in a diaper.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options

Google is your friend.

What is the source for your data and sell me on it.

Why do people point to google searches like it's some kind of scientific resource. Yahoo answers and Wikipedia isn't your friend. I have yet to find one scientific research paper that has studied the posteriors of Armenian women much less come to the conclusion that most Armenian women have big butts. Please read more than blog posts and anecdotal data is worth less than nothing.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=250756
    Why anyone would look any deeper into it than that is beyond me.
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    It's about Kim doing what she does best. Being a no talent attention *kitten*. Just like Miley Cyrus, Nikki Minaj, etc.