Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Random Thought Thread

Options

Replies

• mraudit2000
    mraudit2000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wonder if that Beagle from last night knows he could get any *kitten* he wanted?
  • CaptainBrownie
    CaptainBrownie Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What happened before the beginning of time? Like there must have been a start to the universe, but what came before that? There couldn't have just been nothing, could there?!

Depends on which theory is closest to reality. Bubble Multiverse, universes sprout from existing universes. Brane Theory, large bread like structures collide, and create/destroy universe. Singularity or quantum fluctuation, virtual energy loses symmetry, and we're the result of the off balance. Oh yeah, there is that God thing, which is most improbably. There is no such thing as "nothing", empty space contains energy fields.

But has empty space been there forever? Like something can't have just been there. Even space. How far back can we go? There can't have been a single point where everything started to exist because then something must have existed before that for the next thing to happen. I think I am just confusing myself.
  • AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    There can't have been a single point where everything started to exist because then something must have existed before that for the next thing to happen.

I was trying to answer this question, it depends on which theory is closes match of reality. If it's Singularity, there was no concept of time before quantum fluctuation. Universe energy was on a false shelf, collapsed, became what you know. If it's M-Brane, then there was time. If it's Bubble, there was also time. I left out some of the more controversial theories like "Holographic Universe" and "Simulation Universe", time would exist before in these models, but externally.
  • CaptainBrownie
    Options
    There can't have been a single point where everything started to exist because then something must have existed before that for the next thing to happen.

I was trying to answer this question, it depends on which theory is closes match of reality. If it's Singularity, there was no concept of time before quantum fluctuation. Universe energy was on a false shelf, collapsed, became what you know. If it's M-Brane, then there was time. If it's Bubble, there was also time. I left out some of the more controversial theories like "Holographic Universe" and "Simulation Universe", time would exist before in these models, but externally.

Hahaha all that sounds very smart and physics like but I'll search up those theories. I've never actually heard of them, only got as far as A Level Physics unfortunately.

On another note, do you believe in aliens?

• minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wondering how the random thought thread became the best place for discussions while smoking marijuana?
  • CaptainBrownie
    Options
    minionman wrote: »
    Wondering how the random thought thread became the best place for discussions while smoking marijuana?

Heey it's shirtless guy!
  • AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    You are correct, you don't really get something from nothing. In all these models, what happens is transformation and broken symmetry. I like the multiverse off spring universe theories. Each baby universe could have varying physical laws.
  • CaptainBrownie
    Options
    You are correct, you don't really get something from nothing. In all these models, what happens is transformation and broken symmetry. I like the multiverse off spring universe theories. Each baby universe could have varying physical laws.

Are alternate universes like the same as ours? Is it possible for a parallel universe to exist?
  • minionman
    Options
    I don't like the idea of parallel universes, just means there would be more of my exes and their all b$&ches..
  • CaptainBrownie
    Options
    I don't like the idea of parallel universes, just means there would be more of my exes and their all b$&ches..

Hahaha but maybe in a parallel universe they would be the opposite of what they are now, so you'd actually like them?
  • AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    Are alternate universes like the same as ours? Is it possible for a parallel universe to exist?

Well, there is a "Many Worlds" theory. Essentially, every time a branch in reality occurs, for example, you're lost, and decide to turn left. Reality splits, and another version of you turned right. LoL
  • minionman
    Options

Hahaha but maybe in a parallel universe they would be the opposite of what they are now, so you'd actually like them?

No I'm sure they'd still be bi$&hes.
  • minionman
    Options

Well, there is a "Many Worlds" theory. Essentially, every time a branch in reality occurs, for example, you're lost, and decide to turn left. Reality splits, and another version of you turned right. LoL

Now that would be cool to explore!
  • CaptainBrownie
    Options

Omg that's so cool! It's like time travel, like if you go back in time and change events another reality would be created?

Are you a physics teacher or have a degree in physics or something? You're really smart!
  • AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    Two rocket scientists were working on a new propulsion system when the 8 bit gray coder counter circuit fried. First one asked "Do you think you can fix it?" Second one replied "What do I look like, a computer engineer!?"

Physics isn't my thing, I'm a computer engineer.
  • minionman
    Options
    Your a damn Trekkie aren't you?
  • CaptainBrownie
    Options
    Two rocket scientists were working on a new propulsion system when the 8 bit gray coder counter circuit fried. First one asked "Do you think you can fix it?" Second one replied "What do I look like, a computer engineer!?"

Physics isn't my thing, I'm a computer engineer.

Ooh! I know a computer engineer. Can never understand anything he's talking about. Still don't know exactly what it is he does to this day.
  • CaptainBrownie
    Options

spock.jpg

• BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My beard is sexy. Way to sexy for my face.
  • minionman
    Options

spock.jpg

Spock rocks!