Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Random Thought Thread

Options

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,526 Member
    Options
    It's almost a warm enough day for a jump in the pool...I wonder if I'd regret it
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    People are actually Christmas shopping already?

Pretty sure my husband (and his mother) started Christmas shopping on December 26th last year for this year.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    moijo1 wrote: »
    fireguy262 wrote: »
    why is everyone concerned about privacy on facebook/texts/phone calls.....if the government really wants to know that I have nothing exciting going on in my life and friends that don't like to answer texts, I have no problem with that

i agree if you have nothing to hide then whats the problem

Yeah, if you have nothing to hide, you should be totally ok with the police pulling you over and searching your car whenever they want, or knocking on your door to search your house, or pulling you in for a strip-search. After all, you have nothing to hide, right?

It's not that we're worried they're going to find something. It's that they shouldn't have the right to invade our privacy unless they have a good reason.

Also, there's no data to support the idea that it's effective at all. Even the NSA admits that no terrorist plots have been stopped by domestic snooping on their part.
  • moijo1
    moijo1 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    why is everyone concerned about privacy on facebook/texts/phone calls.....if the government really wants to know that I have nothing exciting going on in my life and friends that don't like to answer texts, I have no problem with that

What happens if you have stalkers or exs that want to read your every move... Or maybe just some random weirdo... Isn't it better to just have your private life stay as private as you want it... Within true and close friends and family? !lol, isn't there this you would so around friends and family that you wouldn't in front of strangers? :flushed:

Good point actually
  • moijo1
    Options

Yeah, if you have nothing to hide, you should be totally ok with the police pulling you over and searching your car whenever they want, or knocking on your door to search your house, or pulling you in for a strip-search. After all, you have nothing to hide, right?

It's not that we're worried they're going to find something. It's that they shouldn't have the right to invade our privacy unless they have a good reason.

Also, there's no data to support the idea that it's effective at all. Even the NSA admits that no terrorist plots have been stopped by domestic snooping on their part.

i see the point your trying to make and personally it wouldnt bother me because i have nothing to hide and they wouldnt 'have good reason' and if it did happen to me id be reassured they are just doing their job , trying to keep us safe.... I get searched everytime i get on a plane just because my chest is larger than the average, i get singled out and searched in detail infront of everyone, my chest gets gropped (by a female) even if im only wearing a fitted vest top, but i dont mind because they are trying to keep us safe.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options

i see the point your trying to make and personally it wouldnt bother me because i have nothing to hide and they wouldnt 'have good reason' and if it did happen to me id be reassured they are just doing their job , trying to keep us safe.... I get searched everytime i get on a plane just because my chest is larger than the average, i get singled out and searched in detail infront of everyone, my chest gets gropped (by a female) even if im only wearing a fitted vest top, but i dont mind because they are trying to keep us safe.

The removal of liberty won't happen overnight. It'll be gradual...incremental...and before you realize it, we'll be lining up for bread every morning. Anyone can become used to any hardship if given enough time, but that doesn't make the nature of the hardship right. Where will the line be drawn between what can be done in the name of keeping us safe and what is a violation of personal liberty?
  • moijo1
    Options

The removal of liberty won't happen overnight. It'll be gradual...incremental...and before you realize it, we'll be lining up for bread every morning. Anyone can become used to any hardship if given enough time, but that doesn't make the nature of the hardship right. Where will the line be drawn between what can be done in the name of keeping us safe and what is a violation of personal liberty?

Aye there are some people that think like you, im not about to get into a 'political' discussion with you on a random thought thread .. i chill out on the chitchat forums from time to time and have a laugh.. if i want a serious discussion ill go to the appropriate place ;)
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Well alright then
  • moijo1
    Options
    :)
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    t8ef15k1sx7n.jpeg
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ^^
    tiilsgl13tio.gif
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    nd0xu4iovwov.jpg

Yeah, story of my life every day.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    charlie-sheen-smoking-lulz_o_gifsoup.com.gif
  • Timshel_
    Options
    I have had this gif for some time and haven't found a good thread to use it in. So imma just post it.

gifs_05.gif
  • notwaitin
    notwaitin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    On my lifting days, if I feel the burnin' in my loins...does that mean I'm doing it wrong? Or right?
  • moijo1
    Options
    i dont half talk shyte when im tired ha
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    I'm stoked the X-Files is returning.
    41mvqf5uzck2.gif
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options