Options
124»

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    njitaliana wrote: »
    That's not a real Philly cheesesteak. And I love Pat's and Geno's!

LOL, Pat's and Geno's are trash

Agreed. Ishkabibble or Dalessandros for me.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I had a philly cheesesteak at a festival in Lynchburg TN from a vendor there. That thing blew anything I've ever had up north out of the water. Can't remember the name of the vendor though. Fresh baguette that was chewy on the outside but soft on the inside, thinly sliced ribeye seasoned with black pepper and a little salt, grilled peppers and onions, and this awesome cheddar cheese sauce that they made there. That thing, along with a beer, was about 1400 cals...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    heh- I'm an outsider- I live at this point in Trenton- and I still won't go to the city for a cheese steak.

I just really- don't like them. they make me sad- with the shredded meat that doesn't taste like anything and the soggy cheese.

And yes- I've been to some of the more 'famous' places- (don't remember which) but yeah- it does nothing for me.

Either way- I'd be surprised as hell if something that was even resembling a cheese steak came in at under 500 calories- even a pre-packaged one.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    fatica357 wrote: »
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    wjotfpptsleb.jpg
    here's the label

Not a real Philly cheese steak...discard & make a trip to PA...hit up Dalessandro's

I'd go for a Jim's or Ishkabibbles (spelling??) on South St.

Good gd it's been over twenty years since I had the cheese fries in a cup from Ishkabibbles on South St. and now I really want some. Does that place still exist?
    Yes yes it does nom nom nom
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    njitaliana wrote: »
    That's not a real Philly cheesesteak. And I love Pat's and Geno's!

LOL, Pat's and Geno's are trash
    This is true
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    I'll still take a Gaetano's cheesesteak in NJ any day, but I'm a born and raised Jersey girl.
    In Philly Ishkabibbles and Jims Steaks for me please.