Heart Attack Grill

Options

Replies

• oldantired
    oldantired Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    At first I thought I have to try a place called the Heart Attack Grill. Nothing all that unusual or special on the menu though. Give me an In and Out burger every time.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Gotta try that maple bacon shake! The rest of the menu looks pretty average but i would definitely go just to say ive been there, to try something i could not try at home
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't really see how it's that different from most places out there.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who went to this place recently, and it look like an absolute fattie's Mecca which is extremely appealing to me. I had to stop myself from eating his phone while he was showing me pictures.

I am definitely trying it out next time I find myself in Vegas.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    We missed going here when we were in Vegas - shattered! I don't see an issue with it - it's a theme restaurant. Even the place itself doesn't behave like they expect people to eat there every day.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not?
  • Kiwi_Made
    Kiwi_Made Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think people should be able to eat what they want, but this would just make me ill.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll pass.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hell no I would never go to that place. It's not about the fact it's high calorie (sorta) but more about the fact they are profiting and glorifying obesity. It's also some weird fetish place and I frankly don't want my *kitten* whipped because I refuse to eat all my food.

If you wanna go, that's awesome but naw I'd skip it.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I could totally go for a maple bacon milk shake, and I would probably try the burgers, but the best burger place is down the street from my house so I'm pretty hard to impress on that score.

I don't like the "350 lb people eat free" gimmick. The rest of the menu is irreverent and kinda funny, but I think the gimmick crosses the line of encouraging an unhealthy lifestyle, rather than just one meal.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I cured a vanilla bacon once, we cooked it up and put it into a chocolate milkshake.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    In general, probably if it seemed like something fun.

But this place, IIRC, is downtown, which if you are staying on the strip to me it's not worth the time it takes to get downtown unless you are there for a week or more. Too many better things to see/do and better places to eat that are within walking distance.
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    oldantired wrote: »
    At first I thought I have to try a place called the Heart Attack Grill. Nothing all that unusual or special on the menu though. Give me an In and Out burger every time.
    Oh yeah. Three by three animal style, medium rare.
    Skip the fries lol.
  • dbmata
    Options
    oldantired wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Three by three animal style, medium rare.
    Skip the fries lol.

Try the fries animal style.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This is the place whose first spokesperson died from an MI and the next spokesman did, too, right? I thought it was in a different city, but how many Heart Attack places with gowns and IV poles can there be?

It's not really funny when people die, but when you serve food to promote MIs and you deliver, I guess it's good for business.

No, it doesn't really seem like it would be up there on my list of places to try.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It really doesn't look appetizing. Any actual shots of food look poorly-made; processed cheese slices and chili that looks like Taco Bell meat/sludge? I could make ten times better for ten times cheaper at home.

If it looked like quality food, that'd be one thing, but I don't pay $8/burger for an experience.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    No I would not

fatty greasy fried food - I dont like it anyway and I dont eat large portions of anything so I wouldnt enjoy either the quality or the quantity of food there.
    -
    I also do not agree with the philosophy of the place - yes I know it is a free country and people can eat what and where they want - but that doesnt mean I have to agree with it or join in it.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It is a good time. Fun atmosphere, friendly staff, decent food.

If you cannot enjoy settings like this, I'd not recommend it.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I opted to just drink my over consumption of calories while I was there. Their food and the flashiness of the entire city in general really just didn't appeal to me much. If you get the chance, jump off of the stratosphere. Hands down, coolest view you'll get in Vegas.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I doubt it. I'd rather try places that focus on taste and food quality, than just a theme of "high fat, high calorie, this could give you a heart attack" foods. I'm not really much for gimmicky places.