Heart Attack Grill

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Actually, I wouldn't go. They say they don't allow sharing.

I say, if someone is telling me how to eat my food or what I can do with it after I have purchased it, there's going to be some friction.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

I say, if someone is telling me how to eat my food or what I can do with it after I have purchased it, there's going to be some friction.
    They say no sharing, because of the "have to eat it all or you get the paddle" concept they have. I helped my step father eat his fries and my mother helped me with my chili dog.

Despite the concept of this place, the food is good and its all in good fun.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I can't eat anything there (I'm a vegetarian), but I imagine going there is the saddest thing ever. Seeing very large people eat extremely unhealthy food saddens me. Add the pathetic factor of the very skinny stripper-types dressed up as fake nurses... ugh.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    What I like about the idea of this restaurant is they didn't worry about being politically correct. They designed a place for fun without worry of offending our overly sensitive population.
  • 13shark77
    13shark77 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Had a chance to go into one int Pensacola, FL. But by the time I desided to go there to eat. The place was close down. Few people I know ate there. The the females wore nures outfits. Nothing cries for help when your being served but a hot nures outfit!

Few years back there was a spokeman for one of their joints. Lets just say he isn't here anymore. Interesting story to read on line. Look up-

"Hefty Heart Attack Grill Spokesman Dies at 29"
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I would go if the menu looked good. But those chili fries looks like someone pooped on it!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    What I like about the idea of this restaurant is they didn't worry about being politically correct. They designed a place for fun without worry of offending our overly sensitive population.

Given the name, I would say that offending the overly sensitive might have been their goal.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I opted to just drink my over consumption of calories while I was there. Their food and the flashiness of the entire city in general really just didn't appeal to me much. If you get the chance, jump off of the stratosphere. Hands down, coolest view you'll get in Vegas.

You did that! I could maybe go on the rollercoaster, but I am not brave enough to jump.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I think the idea of this place is original, and the publicity is not wanting. Until looking at the menu, I thought 'why not?'. But honestly, the pictures of the food do not look all that appetizing. I like chili fries, but that shiz looks nasty. Meh, I'll pass.

That wine IV bag though...
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I went to the one in AZ couple of years ago before it closed down. It was good for the novelty since i love hamburgers. My last off plan meal (Last New Years Eve) was a huge hamburger and fries meal at a local diner. It was one of those finish within a time frame and its on them and you get a pic on the wall. Did not finish but man it was good.
  • dbmata
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »

They say no sharing, because of the "have to eat it all or you get the paddle" concept they have. I helped my step father eat his fries and my mother helped me with my chili dog.

Despite the concept of this place, the food is good and its all in good fun.

Oh well that's fine then. I'm not down for "paddling" anyway, since back when I was in elementary school that was used as a punishment, often.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I think the idea of this place is original, and the publicity is not wanting. Until looking at the menu, I thought 'why not?'. But honestly, the pictures of the food do not look all that appetizing. I like chili fries, but that shiz looks nasty. Meh, I'll pass.

That wine IV bag though...

Replace wine with bourbon and it has my attention.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Have you, would you go to a restaurant that is geared to high calorie options?

Yes.

But not that place, because frankly the burgers aren't all that great.

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    lol...it's a little over the top!!
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hum. None of that really sounds that awesome to me. But then again I'm not a person who really sees much in Vegas worth the trip. I can get a pretty nice chili dog and onion rings here in the midwest...

Now if they had 5 gallon buckets of Porcini mushroom pasta...maybe I'd be interested :)
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I don't really have an opinion either way... But I did notice this, on the very thread in which you read. The people who are against this place and have posted comments here have been flagged by someone lol. Someone was a little butthurt by the comments.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    I don't really have an opinion either way... But I did notice this, on the very thread in which you read. The people who are against this place and have posted comments here have been flagged by someone lol. Someone was a little butthurt by the comments.

Do you think someone thinks it is a "like" button. I cannot figure out why they would be flagged...
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

Do you think someone thinks it is a "like" button. I cannot figure out why they would be flagged...

I suppose that's a possibility too. I didn't see anything in those posts that might be taken offensively.