Should I just accept the fact I will always look thin?

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Owlibee wrote: »
    VaikeVihm wrote: »
    I can't take you seriously. Just love yourself the way you are, because you look pretty healthy to me. You don't need to gain -or lose- weight. Just.. be. Metabolism has nothing to do with it. You wanna gain weight? Eat. Eat eat eat. It ain't hard to understand.

I am underweight. got it confirmed both my my GP at hospital by a dietitian.

I do have a high metabolism. My body is always active and always shaking. it is never still and so I burn far too much. My heart beats fast all the time. Its like my body is running all the time. Bit hard to explain but last time I went to hospital they said thats what the problem was.

You are only underweight by 0.4 points. And 2,000 calories is not enough to gain weight. Eat more.

My GP refused to give me medication because he said my body is too thin to cope with it. I dont think he would have said that if my weight was okay. I was told I need to gain a stone before I can take any kind of medication.

Medication for what…?

I was more underweight than you are (97 lbs and 5'4") and I was given anxiety medication… So your GP is full of crap.

You are considered underweight if you have a BMI less than 18.5. You have a BMI of 18.1. I had a BMI of 16.6. You are BARELY underweight. Get a new doctor.

Contraceptive medication and stronger anxiety medication. Only medication I am on at the moment is to keep my heartrate steady as if it gets too high I need to go to A&E

You're not listening to what I'm saying…. You are barely underweight.

As for your doctor saying you need to gain weight in order to be prescribed birth control and anxiety medication….. That's a lie. There's absolutely no reason why you cannot take a SSRI or SNRI (typical anxiety medications). There's also no reason you cannot take birth control. Find a new doctor who actually knows what they are talking about.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I can't take you seriously. Just love yourself the way you are, because you look pretty healthy to me. You don't need to gain -or lose- weight. Just.. be. Metabolism has nothing to do with it. You wanna gain weight? Eat. Eat eat eat. It ain't hard to understand.

I do have a high metabolism. My body is always active and always shaking. it is never still and so I burn far too much. My heart beats fast all the time. Its like my body is running all the time. Bit hard to explain but last time I went to hospital they said thats what the problem was.

You are only underweight by 0.4 points. And 2,000 calories is not enough to gain weight. Eat more.

My GP refused to give me medication because he said my body is too thin to cope with it. I dont think he would have said that if my weight was okay. I was told I need to gain a stone before I can take any kind of medication.

Medication for what…?

I was more underweight than you are (97 lbs and 5'4") and I was given anxiety medication… So your GP is full of crap.

You are considered underweight if you have a BMI less than 18.5. You have a BMI of 18.1. I had a BMI of 16.6. You are BARELY underweight. Get a new doctor.

Contraceptive medication and stronger anxiety medication. Only medication I am on at the moment is to keep my heartrate steady as if it gets too high I need to go to A&E

As for your doctor saying you need to gain weight in order to be prescribed birth control and anxiety medication….. That's a lie. There's absolutely no reason why you cannot take a SSRI or SNRI (typical anxiety medications). There's also no reason you cannot take birth control. Find a new doctor who actually knows what they are talking about.

Finding a new doctor might not be possible as I'm assuming she's in the U.K.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Medication for what…?

Why not? Presuming the practice OP goes to has more than one doctor?
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I hate to be rude, but maybe you need to find a new doctor. Looking at your pictures, you look normal weight. The fact that you say you can't look in the mirror anymore and you WANT to be obese, would indicate you are suffering from more than just anxiety. I'm sorry, but that's not a normal way of thinking, especially when you appear to not be extremely underweight. And actually, you don't look underweight to me at all...unless that is not you in your photos.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Meh, no advice for the OP.

FFF, I really like the new picture. Nice costume!!

Thanks dear :)

• FatFreeFrolicking
    edited November 2014
    Options

Medication for what…?

Anything's possible. I highly doubt the psychiatry practice OP goes to only has ONE doctor. If OP wants help badly enough, she will seek help where help can be found… even if it means traveling some ways to get there.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Psych evaluation and thyroid tests. Good luck!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    OP, how do you even know if you are eating enough to gain? I checked your diary and you haven't even been logging regularly.

I suggest logging your calories and seeking professional help about your body image issues as well as whatever anxiety issues you are suffering from.
  • Owlibee
    Owlibee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Psych evaluation and thyroid tests. Good luck!

Already had both of those. Came out that I was on the "dangerous" end of depression. Thyroid tests all came back normal
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I agree that you look healthy in your profile picture. That said, that is indeed a lot of stress to deal with in a year's time. I am glad you have sought counseling and are getting into more specialized treatment soon. I would try to focus on that right now and eating for health. I agree it should be possible to up your cals a bit. I haven't checked your diary but can you add some more healthy fats (avocado, etc.) to up your calories?
  • Owlibee
    Options
    OP, how do you even know if you are eating enough to gain? I checked your diary and you haven't even been logging regularly.

I suggest logging your calories and seeking professional help about your body image issues as well as whatever anxiety issues you are suffering from.

I became more stressed having to log my calories and became obsessed with high calorie foods to a unnerving level. My partner wont let me log calories or weigh myself daily as it is more destructive then helpful. I add up my calories as the days goes on and make a mental note.
  • Owlibee
    Options

Medication for what…?

Anything's possible. I highly doubt the psychiatry practice OP goes to only has ONE doctor. If OP wants help badly enough, she will seek help where help can be found… even if it means traveling some ways to get there.

They only have one Doctor - use to have two but one left. I cannot afford to travel or pay privately. The only other doctor in my area is my OLD doctor whom I moved from because he removed my allergies from my file and I ended up being prescribed medication I was allergic to (Penicillin)
  • Owlibee
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I agree that you look healthy in your profile picture. That said, that is indeed a lot of stress to deal with in a year's time. I am glad you have sought counseling and are getting into more specialized treatment soon. I would try to focus on that right now and eating for health. I agree it should be possible to up your cals a bit. I haven't checked your diary but can you add some more healthy fats (avocado, etc.) to up your calories?

I cannot stand Avocado but I can add more high fats to my diet :) Can you recommended any other foods that have a high concentrate of fats or oils?
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    For what its worth, years ago I had a gf who was naturally thin and trying to so hard to gain. She ate about 2,500 calories and finally added 4 lbs after 3 mo. She was so happy! It all came off with one bout of flu. Fast forward to early 40's, her body finally has some soft curves to it as she has aged...tho not at all unfit or overweight. Perhaps your natural thinness is hereditary?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I cannot stand Avocado but I can add more high fats to my diet :) Can you recommended any other foods that have a high concentrate of fats or oils?

You've been given loads of ideas for high fat foods in all your other threads....
  • Owlibee
    Options

You've been given loads of ideas for high fat foods in all your other threads....

Yes but those were weeks ago and I cannot find the threads.

Why is everyone so rude on here? No matter what thread I post people like to question me and look down there nose at me. Seems like I am dammed no matter what I ask!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Why is everyone so rude on here? No matter what thread I post people like to question me and look down there nose at me. Seems like I am dammed no matter what I ask!

I don't know why you found my comment rude? I was only asking a question?

You can't find the threads, fine, that's all you needed to say!

Nut butter, nuts, seeds, olive oil, full fat dairy, salmon (if you eat fish) are all high in fat and therefor high in cals.
  • Owlibee
    Options

I don't know why you found my comment rude? I was only asking a question?

You can't find the threads, fine, that's all you needed to say!

Nut butter, nuts, seeds, olive oil, full fat dairy, salmon (if you eat fish) are all high in fat and therefor high in cals.

I always thought salmon was a very lean fish , thank you for the recommendation :)