2500 calories - how?

Options
The day's almost over, I'm 1400 calories behind and if I so much as see another egg I'll barf.

How do you pack in so many calories daily?

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Some foods are small in size and packed with calories
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    I ate 2400-2600 (estimated maintenance week for diet break) and ate this easily in 3-4 square meals.

Calorie-dense foods or just... like... having a good appetite?

myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ana3067?date=2014-10-30
    myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ana3067?date=2014-10-28
  • vladatwork
    vladatwork Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I ate 2400-2600 (estimated maintenance week for diet break) and ate this easily in 3-4 square meals.

If I ate that, I'd explode.

I swear I can go for the whole day with a bagel and some coffee. Firmly stuck at ~140lbs for years now. Even approaching 2500 is pretty hardcore. I think I might to drink the calories or something?
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    2 burgers from a local burger place will get you there
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    milkshake
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • ana3067
    edited November 2014
    Options
    vladatwork wrote: »

I swear I can go for the whole day with a bagel and some coffee. Firmly stuck at ~140lbs for years now. Even approaching 2500 is pretty hardcore. I think I might to drink the calories or something?

It's really not a lot of food. I'd guess your issue is either mental (i.e. afraid to eat more calories) or you are eating more than you think you are (so maybe that bagel you think is 100 calories is like, 400 calories).

I just estimated your maintenance needs, without including exercise you'd potentially maintain on around 2150 calories. Maybe try 2350-2400 instead? 100 calories can really make a difference for hunger/satiety. Otherwise I'd assume it's still that you are eating more than you think if you can be full on like half your intake goal.
  • jammerg55
    Options
    The most calorie dense real food - fast food choices are generally empty calories, not good for meaningful calorie increase. Chocolate covered pecan halves, or just he halves by themselves if you don't like chocolate or have issues with such. Also grains, such as corn, breads, including bagels, white breads, and pasta; nuts such as macadamia nuts, brazil nuts, and pistachios.

One thing i like to eat if i need a calorie boost:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/63376176483453
    then just swap the mayo for cream cheese, for a bit light fare.

If you've built one sandwich you've built them all.
    The sandwiches are 507 and 467 calories respectively.

• ana3067
    Options
    jammerg55 wrote: »
    The most calorie dense real food - fast food choices are generally empty calories, not good for meaningful calorie increase. Chocolate covered pecan halves, or just he halves by themselves if you don't like chocolate or have issues with such. Also grains, such as corn, breads, including bagels, white breads, and pasta; nuts such as macadamia nuts, brazil nuts, and pistachios.

One thing i like to eat if i need a calorie boost:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/63376176483453
    then just swap the mayo for cream cheese, for a bit light fare.

If you've built one sandwich you've built them all.
    The sandwiches are 507 and 467 calories respectively.
    Nothing wrong with "empty calories" in a diet. I regularly eat crappy food, and I'm still in a deficit. I'm eagerly awaiting next year when I start my first bulk, and will likely need to eat more empty calories in order to reach my intake needs sometimes.
  • _SandShoveller_
    _SandShoveller_ Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love these posts and the Questions - a guy with only one post, and no profile makes a fake ID, asks a dumb Q - and it turns into a life debate for people. Cyber 'Timewasting" is an art . . . . . .
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    Just break up.

LULZ

yes this.

also eat more ice cream.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    GOMAD.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Nut butters
    Avocados
    Cheese
    Ice cream
    Protein shakes that add up to 500+ calories

It's not hard to eat 2,500 calories.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    vladatwork wrote: »

LOL, I guess I'm "hardcore". I ate 2,452 calories yesterday, and wanted more (FTR, I'm not a gainer but a maintainer--so I stopped eating in the spirit of moderation). And just because you "can" get by on a bagel and coffee all day doesn't mean you should. Food is fuel. Fuel appropriately.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options

It's not hard to eat 2,500 calories.

This. It really isn't, OP. If you get full very fast, then eat more calorie dense foods.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i can eat 1400 for breakfast, no problem ..2500 is really not that hard. My diary is open so feel free to browse it..i would suggest bagels, ice cream, peanut butter, burgers, cheese, steak, etc...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I love these posts and the Questions - a guy with only one post, and no profile makes a fake ID, asks a dumb Q - and it turns into a life debate for people. Cyber 'Timewasting" is an art . . . . . .

says the person with no profile picture and three posts...
  • biorobotics
    Options
    start slowly. the more you eat, the more you will be able to eat. like others' have said, 2500 isn't a lot.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I can understand your struggles. The bulk of my diet is made up of whole wheat foods, potatoes, fruit, cheese, yogurt, nuts, along with some foods that are not so healthy. For me, I think it's the fiber content of my diet that makes it hard sometimes for me to reach my calorie goal for slow bulking. But at the same time, given that I'm already eating some empty calories regularly, I don't want to significantly reduce the overall quality of my diet. But I have to admit that it is really easy to get in additional calories by eating cookies, cakes, and chips.