she's killing me!

Options
2»

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    You need to suck it up. Yes, it can be frustrating to not have the support of people around you, but ultimately, no one decides what, or how much food goes in your body except you. You need to forget the whole notion of diet sabotage. It sounds like your mom is a convenient excuse for the choices you are ultimately making.

For example, like a lot of people have pointed out, you're basically drinking sugar. What is stopping you from sometimes choosing to drink water instead? You mom may have poured out your juice, but that doesn't mean you didn't have healthier options.

The most important, and first step in weight loss is being really bloody honest with yourself about how you've got to the weight you are, and why you make the choices you make. It doesn't sound like you've done that. I'd start there.
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I had the issue of my mother taking control over groceries and dinners. When I asked her for certain diet items, she would just not get them and tell me they had none of it (like seriously...what grocery store doesn't have baby spinach, canned tuna, and tomatoes?). Anyway, I started going with her and buying my own stuff and making my own meals at home, telling her that she will have to just cook for one less person. She tries to get me to eat her meals (and I do every once in a while...pretty sparingly), but for the most part, I just tell her no and I need to watch what I put in my body.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    OP should come back and tell us how she is proceeding in protecting herself by spreading her wings.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    user deactivated.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    because the cake is a lie.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    My therapist and psychiatrist both said she is literally killing me physically, emotionally, and financially.

I am not certain how someone literally kills another person financially and emotionally, but anyone I have seen where someone has literally tried to kill someone physically there are police involved and usually wounds of some sort. Additionally, I believe (although I could be wrong) that when someone is physically in danger (literally) that is one of the few times where client confidentiality is not maintained.