Join me in 3 day cleanse?

Options

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    moipurple wrote: »
    The reason that I want to do this is because I dont have control over my diet and I crave too much sugar. I need to get back to my healthy ways!
    Sorry dear, but you chose the wrong website to post your plan. Nobody here is going to join you. :\ I'd really like to know how all of this will help you "get control" over your diet and get you back to your healthy ways.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Juvenica wrote: »
    my kidneys are fine :smiley: why does everyone keep thinking that , I'm fine,
    Does none read the part when I mention I MODIFIED the diet , I eat healthy fats as well , lots of salads ect.

because your body naturally detoxes itself, so if your kidneys are fine then there is no need to torture yourself with a week long water/juice cleanse….
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Monday - Wednesday I will eat very light. No coffee. No refined sugars. Will eat mostly hoummous and drink juices.

Um... what?

Oh.
    tumblr_lhz3lzkDZg1qhirreo1_500.gif
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    And in addition to "cleansing", she's a binge eater.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30348491#Comment_30348491
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    my kidneys are fine :smiley: why does everyone keep thinking that , I'm fine,
    Does none read the part when I mention I MODIFIED the diet , I eat healthy fats as well , lots of salads ect.

Have you noticed that you're basically talking to yourself while the rest of us are commenting on the OP? Or has partaking in an ill thought out diet with a name faked to link it to a major corporation when it was never associated with the company warped your perception on the topic of poor dietary choices?
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    200.gif
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The reason that I want to do this is because I dont have control over my diet and I crave too much sugar. I need to get back to my healthy ways!
    _IronDan_ wrote: »
    So to get over your sugar cravings you're going to basically have nothing but juice which is sugar! Yeah good luck with that

+1

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in….for hoummous
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    from tomorrow I am going to start a detox week.

Monday - Wednesday I will eat very light. No coffee. No refined sugars. Will eat mostly hoummous and drink juices.

Wednesday (from morning) - Saturday (morning) I will drink only water.

I will perform light exercise such as Yoga during the water cleanse.

Saturday + Sunday I will drink only juices.

So let me know if you want to join and come up with suggestions, we can support each other troughout the week !

I'm not sure I understand.

Are you saying that for 3 days you will eat lightly, mostly hummus and juice, then for 3 days you will only consume water? Or did you mean you would be eating normally, but your only liquids would be water?

And then for two days you will only drink juice?

My understanding of cleanses is that they last a very short period of time, and a responsible person ensures that they are consuming calories and nutrients in the form of vegetable juice in addition to the fruit juice. Do you have a juicer, or are you buying premade juice? If the latter, is it Welch's, or is it stuff that was made for this purpose?

• MKEgal
    Options
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/detox-diets/faq-20058040

Do detox diets offer any health benefits?
    Answers from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Detox, or detoxification, diets are popular, but they're not scientifically proven.

Detox diets are touted as a way to remove toxins from the body. Specific detox diets vary — but typically a period of fasting is followed by a strict diet of raw vegetables, fruit and fruit juices, and water. In addition, some detox diets advocate using herbs and other supplements along with colon cleansing (enemas) to empty the intestines.

Some people report feeling more focused and energetic during and after detox diets. However, there's little evidence that detox diets actually remove toxins from the body. Indeed, the kidneys and liver effectively filter and eliminate most ingested toxins. The benefits from a detox diet may actually come from avoiding highly processed foods that have solid fats and added sugar.

If you're considering a detox diet, get the OK from your doctor first. It's also important to consider possible side effects. Detox diets that severely limit protein or that require fasting, for example, can result in fatigue. Long-term fasting can result in vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Colon cleansing, which is often recommended as part of a detox plan, can cause cramping, bloating, nausea and vomiting. Dehydration also can be a concern.

Finally, keep in mind that fad diets aren't a good long-term solution. For lasting results, your best bet is to eat a healthy diet based on fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean sources of protein.
  • MKEgal
    Options
    http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/01/mayo-doctor-is-no-fan-of-cleanses/

Do cleanses have any real benefits?
    No. The whole basis to this cleansing business is people say it can help things like the immune system, fatigue and depression and it can clean the toxins out of the colon and it can aid in losing weight. There is really no evidence to that at all. Sometimes those cleanses could actually be quite harmful, too. Both in terms of what’s in the cleanse and also in administering them.

Is there any upside to a cleanse?
    There is really no good evidence based upon any good research that this stuff makes any difference.

The bottom line on cleanses?
    The bottom line is that there isn't any evidence that these work. The people claiming they do have evidence it works are not correct. They can do that simply because they are not regulated.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ok , I will share what I ate today just to make you understand my concept of modification , Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg), 1 cup, chopped 211 2 14 17 169 2
    Cheese - Cheddar, 1 slice(s) 113 0 9 7 174 0
    Coffee - ♥, 1 cup 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Allrecipes.Com - Tres Leches Cake, 1 slice 280 35 14 6 87 28
    Add Food Quick Tools 604 37 37 30 430 30
    Lunch
    Lettuce - Salad Mix, 1 container (80 gs ea.) 120 24 0 8 80 16
    Cheese - Gouda, 1 oz 101 1 8 7 232 1
    Add Food Quick Tools 221 25 8 15 312 17
    Dinner
    Drinks - Coffee With Milk & Sugar, 100 ml 61 0 0 0 0 0
    Add Food Quick Tools 61 0 0 0 0 0
    Snacks
    Drink - Lipton Green Tea, 1 tea bag

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Ok , I will share what I ate today just to make you understand my concept of modification

You do understand that this thread isn't about you, right?
  • Juvenica
    Options
    Totals 1,004 78 50 46 798 53

I have another 271 cal to fill but its 9 p.m my clock
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Ok , I will share what I ate today just to make you understand my concept of modification , Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg), 1 cup, chopped 211 2 14 17 169 2
    Cheese - Cheddar, 1 slice(s) 113 0 9 7 174 0
    Coffee - ♥, 1 cup 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Allrecipes.Com - Tres Leches Cake, 1 slice 280 35 14 6 87 28
    Add Food Quick Tools 604 37 37 30 430 30
    Lunch
    Lettuce - Salad Mix, 1 container (80 gs ea.) 120 24 0 8 80 16
    Cheese - Gouda, 1 oz 101 1 8 7 232 1
    Add Food Quick Tools 221 25 8 15 312 17
    Dinner
    Drinks - Coffee With Milk & Sugar, 100 ml 61 0 0 0 0 0
    Add Food Quick Tools 61 0 0 0 0 0
    Snacks
    Drink - Lipton Green Tea, 1 tea bag

Again ... what the (insert string of profanity) does this have to do with the OP and thread at hand?
  • MKEgal
    Options
    http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/01/colon-cleansing-not-so-healthy-analysis-says/

When asked what was the best way to cleanse the body, Mishori was quick to respond.
    "Eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly ... Get six to eight hours of sleep and see a doctor regularly."

Dr. Ranit Mishori, a family medicine physician at Georgetown University School of Medicine
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    This is what I'm using to cleanse with...

pBBW1-19365889v850.jpg

It smells AMAZING!

Wait ... is that not what this meant? Damn.

giphy.gif
  • Juvenica
    Options
    Completely agree with that MKE gal,
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    This is what I'm using to cleanse with...

pBBW1-19365889v850.jpg

It smells AMAZING!

Wait ... is that not what this meant? Damn.

giphy.gif

OMG! I know, right! I hate that you can't get it year round! It honks me off!

• Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Totals 1,004 78 50 46 798 53

I have another 271 cal to fill but its 9 p.m my clock

I'm seriously having a hard time wrapping my head around this one? I'm really not being mean, I swear, but I think you're on the wrong thread.