Is there an age limit here?

Options
If there is, please don't kick me out - I still have calories to burn and pounds to loose and muscles to build!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You have to be 18 to use the site. If you are under this, I suggest you try Spark Teens. MFP really doesn't cater to under-18s.
  • SavanaNicole
    Options
    So that's it, I should just pack up and throw my data on here down the drain?
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    I'm older than dirt but idgaf who doesn't want an old lady here. >:)B)
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Pretty much. You had to lie about your age to join, that should have been the give-away.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    We are very strict about minors posting on the forums.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SavanaNicole
    Options
    Sparkteen is not going to provide crud for reliable information from other members.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Then come back when you're 18.
  • Alatariel75
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ironically, if you never asked, you probably never would have been found out. Considering you had to fake a DOB to join, and the under-18s thing is there in the terms, I can only assume you started this thread because you wanted people to know you weren't 18. So, on your head be it.

It's like walking up to a bouncer in a club with a beer in your hand and asking if you ought to be over 21 to be drinking.
  • SavanaNicole
    Options
    Ironically, if you never asked, you probably never would have been found out. Considering you had to fake a DOB to join, and the under-18s thing is there in the terms, I can only assume you started this thread because you wanted people to know you weren't 18. So, on your head be it.

It's like walking up to a bouncer in a club with a beer in your hand and asking if you ought to be over 21 to be drinking.

This is a little different than drinking. I just want access to the fitness/diet threads.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

This is a little different than drinking. I just want access to the fitness/diet threads.

I wasn't comparing the drinking... I'm comparing you starting a thread to ask and thus outing yourself.

• cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Well how old are you?
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Could've just stayed under the radar until you turned 18. Now you're basically going to be forcefully removed...
  • SavanaNicole
    Options
    I could still, I just wanted to know what would happen.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you only have 3 lbs to lose and I am sure you can find helpful info at spark teens. Good luck to you. And come back when you don't have to lie about your age.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    trollololololololololllll
  • SavanaNicole
    Options
    Spark teens is garbage but okay if that's the way the ball rolls, I will have to find another way to track my fitness. So long.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I could still, I just wanted to know what would happen.

Nah, you've been flagged 6 times and a mod has already posted in this thread. As soon as an admin arrives, your account will go poof.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The reason why this site isn't appropriate for those under 18 is because minors are still growing and their nutritional needs are going to be a lot different from adults.

If you dislike Sparkteens, then perhaps talking to your parents about working with a registered dietitian would be better for you.

But all in all, the advice given in here probably isn't appropriate for you anyways.