How many calories did you used to eat?

Options
I am afraid to figure it out, but I am tempted to put in an "old me" day just to see.
I think it would be alarming.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Generally around 3,000 or so and was pretty much not active at all. I actually maintain now if I keep it around 2700-2800, but I workout and hit the weight room pretty hard these days.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    The first day I tried MFP, I calculated the day at 2,700. No junk food, just a clean 2,700 of rice, beans, bread, nuts, and fruit.

In order to beat my body in the first place, I had days easily over 4,000 including entire pizza meals, multiple bacon cheeseburgers, etc., while not exercising.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    If I had to guess my typical day would consist of maybe 2000 calories worth of food and 2000 + calories in soda.

edit:

Thought I should probably add. Around the time I started gaining weight, I was only eating 2 meals a day (each roughly 1000 calories) and I would go through at least 2 - 2liters of Mountain Dew a day.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The majority of the time, probably around 2500 per day. But the days where I didn't think about it, probably nearer to 4000-5000.....deary me!! :sad:
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Probably about 2500 on average, mostly because I was eating out at lunch everyday.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, which is why I'm here. I probably ate between 1500 and 2000 of "real" food, but NO idea how many calories from chips and crackers and candy and other "noshes" (mostly) while driving I might have racked up
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Wow....I am guessing typically - 4000 calories a day. Probably more, a lot of meals were fast food.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I've spot checked kind of an outlandish day or two and I was able to hit 7000 pretty easily.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I think my eating would be similar for meals, probably more refined carbs and I snacked a fair amount, definitely 1 chocolate bar and 1 bag of crisps a day
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    The majority of the time, probably around 2500 per day. But the days where I didn't think about it, probably nearer to 4000-5000.....deary me!! :sad:

This.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I dare not think about it. I would probably clock on average 3000-4000 a day, including alcohol. Bad days could be higher.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    God I can't even imagine... I didn't even know what a calorie was back then. I'm going to assume 2,500-3,000 on a normal day, but if I went out t dinner or something I was probably tipping 3,500-4,000. :'(
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I went to the city with my husband and just kind of ate the old way--easily got to 3600. That's why the first 25 pounds I lost was completely due to dietary changes...probably not enough time in a day to burn off what I could eat in twenty minutes...potato chips, dip, fries, pizza....shudder.....
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Probably about 4000-6000 cals per day SMDH! Now down to 2000.
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    easily 2500-3000, more on the weekends
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    some days less than 1000....some days I am sure I could have gotten to 3000
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I used to maintain on nearly 4000 calories but I was much more active. I would say that my max caloric intake was probably somewhere around there. I gained weight every time something knocked me on my rear. Two ankle surgeries (after injury) and a pregnancy without appropriately adjusting my intake meant I was gaining a pound every few days. Other than that, I maintained my weight.
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did it, I added a fake day. My BMR is 1126, for reference.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I started my diet by logging normal days. It was about 1500 - 1800 a day but it was mostly salt and sugar.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did it, I added a fake day. My BMR is 1126, for reference.

Very brave for both doing this and sharing it! And.....ouch!!:frown: