How many calories did you used to eat?

Options

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I shudder to think. I'm guessing close to 3,000 calories.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I did a baseline before I started cutting down my calories. I was around 3,000. I'm 5'2. How I wasn't far more overweight, I have no idea.
  • Darius66
    Darius66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is shocking to me.... I used to eat between 3,000-4,500 a day !!!!
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I figure I was eating 3700 - 4200 a day... sadly that wasn't even the real issue. It was what I was eating: cheese steaks, strombolis, pizza after pizza after pizza, alfredo pasta, ben & jerry's, drive through burgers and fries, cheese fries with bacon and bleu cheese... so i was basically doing high calories, empty foods with triple or even quadruple daily sodium levels. I have no idea how I am still breathing.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Well on average I ate about 1200. Maybe a little more some days. However, I drank about 1000-1500 calories worth of juices, sodas, and lemonade. And that isn't counting days when I went out and drank liquor.
  • stinasn
    stinasn Posts: 14
    Options
    Most of the time probably around 2000 kcal, I've really only gained weight in few rather short periods, 20 pounds when I was an exchange student at 17yo (and I gained those in like 2 months or something equally ridiculous) and then another 20 when I was pregnant with my first born. After that I've really just hovered around the same weight for 10 years or so.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that after I downed a 32oz frozen cappuccino daily at QT that my breakfast including that and a donut was easily 1,100 calories and that was before I moved on to Coke. I would make a guesstimate of 3,500 a day and now I am at 1,600-1,700 and then I exercise 500-800 and don't eat most of them back.
  • JCThayer85
    JCThayer85 Posts: 21
    Options
    Somewhere between 2000 and 2500 of all the wrong foods.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I honestly have no idea. I would guess at breakfast I was eating 4-5 servings ('only' 2 bowls) of cereal - right there, probably 700-800 calories for breakfast alone. i had NO IDEA what a serving was. I assumed it was my bowl. Unaware that 'my bowl' is actually about 2½ servings. When I started weighing and measuring food I had a real eye opener. Then I realized how I got fat! I was a lunch skipper - so I'd snack on chips right out of the bag- probably 3-4 servings at a time. My coffee consisted of 3-4 servings of creamer per cup- and 2-3 cups of coffee . . . Oh boy, shakes my head in shame. I know exactly why my over weight friends are over weight, but they don't want to hear it, they just want to complain that they can't lose weight.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I used to bake 4-5 times a week and every meal had rice pasta or bread. I loved making creamy foods too. We also had a store on the corner so that meant daily trips to buy chips, cookies and ice cream. We would eat out for dinner alot too and i usually ate almost a box of cheez its before bed too. Hmm u do the math. Lol

No corner store anymore, all meals pretty much prepared, baking only once every couple of months, creamy foods only on a cheat day, not many carbs with meals anymore and have only had cheez it's twice in 6 months now. Yay

Oh my gosh, the corner store alone used to account for 600 calories almost every day! They probably think I've moved, haha.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well I used to have one of my favorite meals...a big mac with extra extra sauce and of course ex large fries and so on...now I write down everything little thing I eat and drink and even though I'm eating less I'm staying full because I'm eating right:)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    About 5250/day.
    Now 1920/day...
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I would have to guess atleast 2500. On the days that I do not log, my choices are horrible.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    lol i have done this and was astounded by what i found, never will i ever go there one mo 'gain!! lol
  • joekleinert
    joekleinert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did a my fitness paypal entry in my diary one day to replicate what a standard lunch used to be. Lets just say my lunches used to be more than my entire 1400 calorie day is now and it was usually breaded boneless buffalo wings, chicken strips, etc. I haven't had fried food going on 4 months now. I'm sure my entire body is thanking me for this new lifestyle.

It feels good to sit here and known how much I've changed my diet and excercise habits. A complete transformation.

No looking back!

Joe
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Probably 5,000-7,000 on most days. My first semester at college, I put on 35 lbs in about 3 or 4 months time.

This is like me but I did 10 lbs every term (3 months) for 9 terms while I was doing my degree. I went from a size 6 (130lbs) to a 22 (at 190) and just kept right on truckin.

My average day was about 2800 calories and probably closer to 4-5000 if I ate out. Most of that was actually 'normal' food (not junk) .. I just ate a lot of it!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    God I can't even imagine... I didn't even know what a calorie was back then. I'm going to assume 2,500-3,000 on a normal day, but if I went out t dinner or something I was probably tipping 3,500-4,000. :'(

Same.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Id say my old eating habits would have been 2000+ a day, nothing weighed... lots of junk food.

I used to skip breakfast and lunch and only eat an evening meal, that was a heaped plate, then id sit in front of the tv all night and eat junk food. My excuse would be 'iv been on my feet all day, so im gonna sit here all evening'

Im finding some habits are dieing hard, the lack of lunch has been replaced with a piece of fruit, i still cant manage to eat and smoke haha. Although on my days off, im managing a bit more with lunch, but i do have to force myself to eat it.. even if it is just a piece of fruit.

Late shifts for me used to be the worst, id get up have breakfast, not eat anything for lunch, then get to work and have sandwiches with the residents.... then on my way home id nip burger king and get a bacon double cheese xl, large fries, large coke, or id ask the hubby to order a kebab with chips.... then we would go bed an have chips an dip (doritos with houmus) and peanut m&ms or chocolate and marshmallows

Sitting here thinking about it now makes me feel ashamed at what i could tuck away.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I could have easily hit 3000 in a day. Until college though, I regularly worked out (played on multiple soccer teams, etc.), which is why I guess I never started gaining weight til I went to college.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh, geez. I just tried it out and on a day that I would have considered "not good" but also "not bad," I would have put in upwards of 4,000 calories. I used to eat like that in college and not gain a pound, but it's easy to see why that didn't stick with me. Yikes.